• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What happened to the great (Bench) offense from the spring game?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Another difference is that David Reaves was calling the plays for Bench's team during the scrimmage. It was a completely different mindset than what we are seeing today. Bench was able to spread the defense by throwing all over the field rather than bubble screen after bubble screen to the sidelines and negative yardage passes. Mike White's team did the same style of play calling that we are seeing now and that netted them a whopping 3 points during the spring game.

I guess the game has numbed by memory .... we threw bubble screen after bubble screen on Saturday??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Because Bench has ridden the Bench.  Cant show the offense if he is not on the field.   (Maybe Coach T has been sandbagging) not showing the conference our REAL OFFENSE  (pipe dream here)

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

Another difference is that David Reaves was calling the plays for Bench's team during the scrimmage. It was a completely different mindset than what we are seeing today. Bench was able to spread the defense by throwing all over the field rather than bubble screen after bubble screen to the sidelines and negative yardage passes. Mike White's team did the same style of play calling that we are seeing now and that netted them a whopping 3 points during the spring game.

I guess the game has numbed by memory .... we threw bubble screen after bubble screen on Saturday??

I started drinking heavily after the 1st quarter so my memory of this game might be a little fuzzy. Other than the TD pass, the longest completion was for 7 yards by Flowers. I do remember a few sideline passes and backward passes though. But then again, with a 25% CP, your'e not going to have much confidence to throw the ball downfield...

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Because Bench has ridden the Bench.  Cant show the offense if he is not on the field.   (Maybe Coach T has been sandbagging) not showing the conference our REAL OFFENSE  (pipe dream here)

I could see us doing that against WCU, but not Maryland or NC State. We just flat out suck on offense, and part of that i think is playcalls.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

If those were intended to be bubble screens we are even worse than I thought!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

I could see us doing that against WCU, but not Maryland or NC State. We just flat out suck on offense, and part of that i think is playcalls.  

Did anyone hear a rumor that Tags starting calling the plays in the 2nd half?  Did the 2nd half look anything like last year?  I haven't seen the 2nd half since I left at halftime.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

CWT has really botched up this quarterback position from top to bottom, recruiting to the way he plays them on Saturday.

And sad to say, he may not survive as head coach of the team long enough to learn from these mistakes.

Edited by ckparrothead

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

At this point he might as well let QF run the spread option 50% of the time and White the other 50%. Or just go with Flowers and stick with him. Stop this 2 play and pull him crap

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Wouldn't we need a coach who believed in the spread to run the spread option?