• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

O'Leary Retiring?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

I tried to think of what this means to me and I came up empty.

All I can think of is if the scoundrel is announcing this now, it's because he fears something appearing later.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Valid points. But don't ever call turning down UAB stability. UAB is maybe the one of 3-4 programs worse off than USF right now, no crap he'd stay but doesn't mean he'd not jump to a Houston or somwthing else given the chance.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

I tried to think of what this means to me and I came up empty.

All I can think of is if the scoundrel is announcing this now, it's because he fears something appearing later.

Apparently he's not announcing anything right now, or in Ireland, and doesn't know where the story came from ..... for whatever that's worth.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jeremy-fowler/24655382/ucfs-george-oleary-addresses-retirement-report-succession-plan

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Silly season.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  271
  • Days Won:  1

Bitterness at O'leary is embarrassing. . . . . . . give the guy his due. . . . . . . . . . he built a PROGRAM over there and will apparently have the last laugh. This guy ate our lunch, plain and simple.

In ten years at UCF, O'Leary won 3 championships in two conferences and also won a BCS game. Right now, their team's performance and fan support is better than ours in every important metric.

The linked article mentions that a UCF assistant TURNED DOWN the HC job at UAB. . . . . . . . THAT IS STABILITY. The only time I read anything about our assistants these days is when they are arrested for DUI or shoplifting.

Instead of coming off as bitter haters, true USF fans should direct their anger at USF athletics. . . . . . in the ten years O'Leary built UCF's stable, championship program (with superior facilities), USF sat on its butt in the BE and has NOTHING to show for it. UCF won more games last year than USF won in the last three years COMBINED. . . . . . . . don't call O'leary an alcoholic. . . . . . call USF admin and tell the new guys you won't support the program if gross mismanagement continues.

Hey look, it's a ucf fan in disguise. Edited by ETA_for_life

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It's so funny.  Many of the people talking about what he build UCF into would have been screaming for his firing early in his tenure there.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

USF would have fired him too.

We rescinded one job for false résumé information.

We fired one coach for slapping a player.

GoL lied on his résumé an killed a player. He wouldn't have lasted at USF. And all of those years he was there his program that he built lost to USF until we were in our worst point in program history due to Holtz.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

GoL lied on his résumé an killed a player. He wouldn't have lasted at USF. And all of those years he was there his program that he built lost to USF until we were in our worst point in program history due to Holtz.

Technically, O'Liar lying on his resume is the reason he got the UCF job.

Kind of shows what that program is willing to accept...

...Never mind that he got a raise after killing a player

• Content Count:  85
  • Days Won:  0

Bitterness at O'leary is embarrassing. . . . . . . give the guy his due. . . . . . . . . . he built a PROGRAM over there and will apparently have the last laugh.  This guy ate our lunch, plain and simple.

In ten years at UCF, O'Leary won 3 championships in two conferences and also won a BCS game.  Right now, their team's performance  and fan support is better than ours in every important metric.

The linked article mentions that a UCF assistant TURNED DOWN the HC job at UAB. . . . . . . . THAT IS STABILITY.  The only time I read anything about our assistants these days is when they are arrested for DUI or shoplifting.

Instead of coming off as bitter haters, true USF fans should direct their anger at USF athletics. . . . . . in the ten years O'Leary built UCF's stable, championship program (with superior facilities), USF sat on its butt in the BE and has NOTHING to show for it.  UCF won more games last year than USF won in the last three years COMBINED. . . . . . . . don't call O'leary an alcoholic. . . . . . call USF admin and tell the new guys you won't support the program if gross mismanagement continues.

Agreed.  Respect.

• Content Count:  85
  • Days Won:  0

Technically, O'Liar lying on his resume is the reason he got the UCF job.

Kind of shows what that program is willing to accept...

...Never mind that he got a raise after killing a player

You must be surprised that the Niners would hire a coach that head butts student-athletes too.  Maybe we should talk about the moral compass of certain newly hired BB assistant that was recently hired by USF, huh?