• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

O'Leary Retiring?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I don't know that he'll be in a condition to return from Ireland anyway.  After saturating himself in Irish whiskey and ales in the home country, he'll probably bleed to death from his hemorrhagic nose. 

The pegasi call it rosacea, but I'm with you, I think it's "whiskey face."

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I don't know that he'll be in a condition to return from Ireland anyway.  After saturating himself in Irish whiskey and ales in the home country, he'll probably bleed to death from his hemorrhagic nose. 

The pegasi call it rosacea, but I'm with you, I think it's "whiskey face."

Rosacea is a readening of the face but I've seen O'Leary's nose up close.  It looks like he has some pulmonary thrombosis going on with major blood vessels exposed on that nose.  Cut his nose and he'd bleed out in minutes.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Bitterness at O'leary is embarrassing. . . . . . . give the guy his due. . . . . . . . . . he built a PROGRAM over there and will apparently have the last laugh.  This guy ate our lunch, plain and simple.

In ten years at UCF, O'Leary won 3 championships in two conferences and also won a BCS game.  Right now, their team's performance  and fan support is better than ours in every important metric.

The linked article mentions that a UCF assistant TURNED DOWN the HC job at UAB. . . . . . . . THAT IS STABILITY.  The only time I read anything about our assistants these days is when they are arrested for DUI or shoplifting.

Instead of coming off as bitter haters, true USF fans should direct their anger at USF athletics. . . . . . in the ten years O'Leary built UCF's stable, championship program (with superior facilities), USF sat on its butt in the BE and has NOTHING to show for it.  UCF won more games last year than USF won in the last three years COMBINED. . . . . . . . don't call O'leary an alcoholic. . . . . . call USF admin and tell the new guys you won't support the program if gross mismanagement continues.

Edited by Carolina_Bull
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm not embarrassed to make fun of O'Leary.

4-1

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I imagine it's for health reasons. During interview last year about the Fiesta Bowl win, someone asked about how come you didn't get a Gatorade shower and his reply was his players know not to do that, he said he has a bad heart.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

Bitterness at O'leary is embarrassing. . . . . . . give the guy his due. . . . . . . . . . he built a PROGRAM over there and will apparently have the last laugh.  This guy ate our lunch, plain and simple.

In ten years at UCF, O'Leary won 3 championships in two conferences and also won a BCS game.  Right now, their team's performance  and fan support is better than ours in every important metric.

The linked article mentions that a UCF assistant TURNED DOWN the HC job at UAB. . . . . . . . THAT IS STABILITY.  The only time I read anything about our assistants these days is when they are arrested for DUI or shoplifting.

Instead of coming off as bitter haters, true USF fans should direct their anger at USF athletics. . . . . . in the ten years O'Leary built UCF's stable, championship program (with superior facilities), USF sat on its butt in the BE and has NOTHING to show for it.  UCF won more games last year than USF won in the last three years COMBINED. . . . . . . . don't call O'leary an alcoholic. . . . . . call USF admin and tell the new guys you won't support the program if gross mismanagement continues.

I WAS THINKing the samething

gol turn program around while usf fell into the toliet

i wish we had him as coach

what a great post

usf fans are great at calling names but too many  know little about college football

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I am fantastic at calling names. Show some respect.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,458
  • Days Won:  422

If that was posted on an AAC site or a college football site, I might tend to agree with you ... but since it's on a USF fans site, personally, I find your post more embarrassing than anything else posted on this thread up to that point ... except maybe the "abusing grandkids" remark.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He did all that and only killed one kid during his tenure.  I wonder how many other were permanently damaged?  His behavior before, during and after the Ereck Planchar tragedy is far more significant than anything he may have accomplished in a watered down CUSA and AAC.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I imagine it's for health reasons. During interview last year about the Fiesta Bowl win, someone asked about how come you didn't get a Gatorade shower and his reply was his players know not to do that, he said he has a bad heart.

HE has a bad heart and still killed that player?!? What an ass.