• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Drone Fleet

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Did you guys watch the CNN video?  You have to be a USF student, take a quick course on how to use it, and have professor supervision.  It's for special projects, not for joy rides.  If you break, you buy. 

I could see it being used by art students, music students, business (marketing,advertising) students, health students, etc for various audio visual projects and assignments. 

Did you guys complain when the library allowed you to check out camcorders in the 80's? 

I like it.  Go Bulls!

And where was the first place they were taken? You guessed it - the pool.

We need more pics and vids!!

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072

go over a pool showing hot coeds

what a boring story

go over a pool showing hot coeds

what a boring story

Only because you're old like me.

At 19, it's still cool.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

I kinda wonder how USF is getting away with this as rulemaking has not yet occurred to regulate drone use, thereby, making their use at this moment not clearly legal. 

Not that I work for the FAA writing policy on certificating aircraft or anything.  :Shhhh:

I kinda wonder how USF is getting away with this as rulemaking has not yet occurred to regulate drone use, thereby, making their use at this moment not clearly legal. 

Not that I work for the FAA writing policy on certificating aircraft or anything.  :Shhhh:

'Cause they're not drones, they're RC helicopters with GoPros.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Please be sure to say it at least two more times ... People *might* start to get the picture then ...

Please be sure to say it at least two more times ... People *might* start to get the picture then ...

Sorry, I get carried away sometimes  (but not by those little copters, I'm much too heavy)

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

For ****'s sake, when I'm on campus today or tomorrow I'll take a picture of them or similar ones the school already has and uses.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

Ah, that makes sense.  My office deals with mostly 14CFR parts 23, 25, 27, and 29 aircraft.  Though we do have three Type Certification projects for UAS in sequencing*. But those projects, when commenced, will be used to support rulemaking.   

So when I asked the question, I was genuinely curious.  Thanks for the knowledge. 

*Just dawned on me that, like speaking in military acronyms, these sentences may/may not make sense to most of you. 

Ah, that makes sense.  My office deals with mostly 14CFR parts 23, 25, 27, and 29 aircraft.  Though we do have three Type Certification projects for UAS in sequencing*. But those projects, when commenced, will be used to support rulemaking.   

So when I asked the question, I was genuinely curious.  Thanks for the knowledge. 

*Just dawned on me that, like speaking in military acronyms, these sentences may/may not make sense to most of you

Not a clue! But that's pretty normal for me these days! :D