• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why Publix?!? Why?!?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I just ate a Cuban sub from publix. On sale for $3.50. My words cannot fully express how delicious it was.

That's a fantastic deal for a solid sub.

is that for a whole or half?

It's for the ones in the deli that were already made.

and past the sell by date :lmao:

Those aren't bad, but they're never anything close to the fresh made ones. But if you catch them on the right day, they'll have them for sell by the next day - not like a sandwich really goes bad that quick.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  0

I just ate a Cuban sub from publix. On sale for $3.50. My words cannot fully express how delicious it was.

That's a fantastic deal for a solid sub.
is that for a whole or half?
It's for the ones in the deli that were already made.

and past the sell by date :lmao:

No. The sell by date was the 20th.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Those dicks holes screwed me out of pressed sandwiches so often I stopped getting them and started getting Italians or Chicken Tender subs (or the new Rotisserie Chicken sub). Usually liked to get subs when we were done grocery shopping, and while the store doesn't close until 10pm, they somehow always found a way to be cleaning the press and grill sometime between 7-8:30pm, right when I wanted a hot pressed Cuban with Honey Butter. And not like, we're wiping it down cleaning either, this was always full on just unloaded a can of Easy Off onto them and let it foam for 15 minutes type of cleaning. Making a comment to the deli guy in charge didn't seem to matter either. Maybe it's just the dicks at the Publix in Sun Lake on 54.

Wow.  That's a lot of vitriol over a sammich

• Upvote 2

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Those dicks holes screwed me out of pressed sandwiches so often I stopped getting them and started getting Italians or Chicken Tender subs (or the new Rotisserie Chicken sub). Usually liked to get subs when we were done grocery shopping, and while the store doesn't close until 10pm, they somehow always found a way to be cleaning the press and grill sometime between 7-8:30pm, right when I wanted a hot pressed Cuban with Honey Butter. And not like, we're wiping it down cleaning either, this was always full on just unloaded a can of Easy Off onto them and let it foam for 15 minutes type of cleaning. Making a comment to the deli guy in charge didn't seem to matter either. Maybe it's just the dicks at the Publix in Sun Lake on 54.

It got beyond frustrating. It was more like driving to Chik-Fil-A after craving something of theirs all day, only to realize it was Sunday.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Did you ever have a Dagwood's sandwich shop over in your neck of the woods in ATL?  I did here in Suwanee. 

I fully expected it to be awesome based on all the sandwiches Dagwood made in the Blondie comics.  It wasn't even close.

I get his level of frustration.  I was there once with Dagwood's. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Did you ever have a Dagwood's sandwich shop over in your neck of the woods in ATL?  I did here in Suwanee. 

I fully expected it to be awesome based on all the sandwiches Dagwood made in the Blondie comics.  It wasn't even close.

I get his level of frustration.  I was there once with Dagwood's. 

Never been to Dagwood's.  Sure do miss Dunderbaks in Tampa though.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

It may be time for the mods to set up a sub-forum dedicated to publix and its subs.

Dagwoods is long gone.  I truly believe it's because people came in with high expectations and left disappointed. 

I miss Dunderbaks, as well.  Am planning to hit it up when I'm down there in a couple weeks, along with a Cigar City brewery tour. 

• Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Dagwoods is long gone.  I truly believe it's because people came in with high expectations and left disappointed. 

I miss Dunderbaks, as well.  Am planning to hit it up when I'm down there in a couple weeks, along with a Cigar City brewery tour. 

CCB is good an all but if you want a real treat, go over and check out 7th sun, and dunedin brewing. 7th sun is by far the best brewery in the bay in my opinion, well worth the drive. There are also a lot more breweries that have opened up since you were probably last in town. I think we are up to 5 now in st pete alone. 

CCB is good an all but if you want a real treat, go over and check out 7th sun, and dunedin brewing. 7th sun is by far the best brewery in the bay in my opinion, well worth the drive. There are also a lot more breweries that have opened up since you were probably last in town. I think we are up to 5 now in st pete alone. 

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have time to go to all the new ones in the area, even though I'll be down there almost a week and a half.  Thanks for the recommendation, we'll certainly consider that.