• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you haven't heard yet, Amazon Prime added Music

Brad

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

You can download. I am downloading to my iphone right now.

Looks like you can only download to your Apple product. Need to try and see if, once downloaded, I can move from iPhone to computer ...

You can download. I am downloading to my iphone right now.

Looks like you can only download to your Apple product. Need to try and see if, once downloaded, I can move from iPhone to computer ...

Apparently it downloads only to a place accessed by the Amazon Prime Music app. Can't find the downloaded album anywhere when iPhone is connected to puter via iTunes.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

You can download to Android, Apple, or PC environments - but yes only to native Amazon Music applications. The free prime music is DRM locked - no generic MP3 version. That is consistent with other subscription services, I think. I am hopeful Amazon will release a music only device - similar to ipod Nano - for running and such.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Best way to get unlocked MP3's is to rip CD's from your local library...

You can download to Android, Apple, or PC environments - but yes only to native Amazon Music applications. The free prime music is DRM locked - no generic MP3 version. That is consistent with other subscription services, I think. I am hopeful Amazon will release a music only device - similar to ipod Nano - for running and such.

You can't d/l the free Amazon Prime music to a pc ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,980
  • Days Won:  469

I think their "phone" device is out soon. Smaller and suited for portable music. Doubtful they'll have a device you can't shop from/be sold to from.

You can - it just has to be into the dedicated Amazon Music application. I think that is the same as spotify - though I only used spotify for a few weeks. The intent would be to download music for offline listening on your laptop during a flight or something.  At least that is how it seems on my laptop.

I think their "phone" device is out soon. Smaller and suited for portable music. Doubtful they'll have a device you can't shop from/be sold to from.

Big announcement coming tomorrow... but at least for workout/running I am really looking for something small and cheap. If I happen to bang it up in a run/bike transition or rain or something i'd prefer it not be a $500 smart phone (no idea what Amazon's new device will price at - but I doubt it will b sub $100).

You can - it just has to be into the dedicated Amazon Music application. I think that is the same as spotify - though I only used spotify for a few weeks. The intent would be to download music for offline listening on your laptop during a flight or something.  At least that is how it seems on my laptop.

No, you can't, at least not to a pc. I tried, using the Amazon Music application, and got this message, "Currently Prime Music can only be enjoyed offline using our mobile apps". On the pc, when I add Prime albums to my library through Amazon Music, they're only available to play if I'm connected to the Internet.