• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Outfitter NEEDS Bulls Nation Right NOW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Well maybe someone here can reach out to him about the website...maybe even offer a helping hand, or point him in the right direction instead of just complaining about it here. In the meantime, I will support the only USF small business in the area.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

bought some shirts and a Visor... really nice store, hope it turns around for him!

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

OK look. I passed along the sentiments folks here posted, including about the website. Unfortunately, I fear it may be too late to make an impact.

Craig may not have had a perfect business that did everything perfectly 100% of the time and pleased everyone all the time. But to me, he's been a great friend and a highly active contributor to Bulls Nation. Bulls Outfitter has been a solid alternative to more expensive and/or lower quality retailers, and for many of us, a one-stop USF shop with affordable options for customization and items you can't get anywhere else.

I fear Bulls Outfitter may not make it through the summer. It's a shame if it doesn't, and I've no doubt the entire USF community will miss it. You may not think you will right now, but the loss of the only independent all-USF retailer and a huge independent leadership for rallying USF fans (especially at bowl games and away games) will hurt the USF community greatly.

If Craig has ever been a friend to you, please go by the store and buy something. Don't wait to do it. It may be the last chance you have.

Last ditch.... if anyone is interested in the Outfitter as an investment opportunity, contact him at Bulls Outfitter or me directly at brandonfaza@hotmail.com. I think it has potential for the future especially whenever the team starts winning again. I am unfortunately not in a position to invest, but maybe someone out there wants to bring new ideas and buy in before it may be too late.

And thank you to those who already stopped in

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  3

Stopped in a couple of weeks ago to make a dent. We talked for a few minutes and the dollar value loss is pretty alarming. Unfortunately, the business is tied to the success of USF.  We're not winning- enthusiasm wanes - people aren't buying. I'd hate to see this fade. 

Yes he carries a ton of UA. He has done a lot to promote the business. He put in a better bid than B&N to run the Sun Dome retail space but due to the contract for the bookstore to make B&N campus-wide and other factors unknown to me, BO was not chosen for it. They also would have run the Ray Jay retail spaces MUCH better than it had previously been run, in my humble opinion, but again the powers that be did not choose BO to award that contract. I haven't talked to Craig about that stuff and I don't know the details but I know he has tried everything. He also does lots of discounts and regularly sends people out to every Orientation, sporting event, Homecoming, etc to distribute flyers with the location and discount offers. The online storefront is the primary need for improvement, I agree, but I would venture to guess that the vast majority of BO's sales were obtained through in-person sales and that may be why he didn't put more into the website. Anyways, it doesn't help to point out negatives and ask where potential business decisions could have been improved unless you want to invest. No matter what your inquiries generate, the store is likely going to close unless a ton of sales and/or investment comes very soon. And that is a huge loss for the USF community. It is also directly reflective of the sentiment of fans toward USF over the past few years and that is sad. Fans don't spend money on something they aren't motivated to support, otherwise they would seek BO and other retailers out regardless of how strong a website they have.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Yes he carries a ton of UA. He has done a lot to promote the business. He put in a better bid than B&N to run the Sun Dome retail space but due to the contract for the bookstore to make B&N campus-wide and other factors unknown to me, BO was not chosen for it. They also would have run the Ray Jay retail spaces MUCH better than it had previously been run, in my humble opinion, but again the powers that be did not choose BO to award that contract. I haven't talked to Craig about that stuff and I don't know the details but I know he has tried everything. He also does lots of discounts and regularly sends people out to every Orientation, sporting event, Homecoming, etc to distribute flyers with the location and discount offers. The online storefront is the primary need for improvement, I agree, but I would venture to guess that the vast majority of BO's sales were obtained through in-person sales and that may be why he didn't put more into the website. Anyways, it doesn't help to point out negatives and ask where potential business decisions could have been improved unless you want to invest. No matter what your inquiries generate, the store is likely going to close unless a ton of sales and/or investment comes very soon. And that is a huge loss for the USF community. It is also directly reflective of the sentiment of fans toward USF over the past few years and that is sad. Fans don't spend money on something they aren't motivated to support, otherwise they would seek BO and other retailers out regardless of how strong a website they have.

Jeeze!  Of course the vast majority "were obtained" in the brick and motor location (a better one than it is now), because his website was terrible....if you fail to change with the times, you are destined to fail. Only someone who likes to piss away money would invest in BO right now.  No it doesn't help for the pubic to point out negatives about a business unless the business listens, and reacts.....He's been ignoring potential buyers too long.

It appears that inventory is choking him to death Perhaps he was buying by the ton, when he should have been buying by the pound.

As far as being a huge loss for the USF community, only in your dreams...More and more people are shopping for more and more items online than are just wandering into the BOs of the world.

Ned, we get it. You're not a fan of the way Bulls Outfitters run their business. You've made that redundantly clear in this thread. Faza said he passed along the comments from here to them. Now he's just trying to put it out there again for those who may have missed it the first time around .... and losing a business that's owned by a USF alumni, that has catered only to USF fans for as long as BO has would be a huge loss for the USF community.

Jeeze!  Of course the vast majority "were obtained" in the brick and motor location (a better one than it is now), because his website was terrible....if you fail to change with the times, you are destined to fail. Only someone who likes to piss away money would invest in BO right now.  No it doesn't help for the pubic to point out negatives about a business unless the business listens, and reacts.....He's been ignoring potential buyers too long.

It appears that inventory is choking him to death Perhaps he was buying by the ton, when he should have been buying by the pound.

As far as being a huge loss for the USF community, only in your dreams...More and more people are shopping for more and more items online than are just wandering into the BOs of the world.

Ned, we get it. You're not a fan of the way Bulls Outfitters run their business. You've made that redundantly clear in this thread. Faza said he passed along the comments from here to them. Now he's just trying to put it out there again for those who may have missed it the first time around .... and losing a business that's owned by a USF alumni, that has catered only to USF fans for as long as BO has would be a huge loss for the USF community.

Thank you, Trip. I was fresh out of troll food.

Ned, I would refer you to the following topic: http://thebullspen.com/topic/96036-guideline-1-respect/

In addition, I am happy to suggest multiple educational opportunities to improve one's understanding of business, interpersonal skills, and critical thinking. I also know a lot of great folks who would love to help anyone to get to know USF and the USF community, so that one may culture support for the university and for others who support USF too. PM me anytime.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

USF merchandising is a tough business.

Early efforts like board member bullsmania's went out of business years ago. So did my venture when the logo changed - leaving me with tons of inventory (anybody need a throwback oven mitt?).

Of course, Bulls Heaven too.

It's a tough business at times. Well, most all of the time.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

USF merchandising is a tough business.

Early efforts like board member bullsmania's went out of business years ago. So did my venture when the logo changed - leaving me with tons of inventory (anybody need a throwback oven mitt?).

Of course, Bulls Heaven too.

It's a tough business at times. Well, most all of the time.

If your serious, then yes. I would love one or two haha.