• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Outfitter NEEDS Bulls Nation Right NOW

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

The Internet and Walmart has dented off campus outfitters all over the country.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Spoke with the wife about this yesterday and she gave me the go ahead to stop in and buy something, so I will. Always good to support a local small business, especially when they support your alma mater.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I went on the website just now to buy a hat, and out of 32 options, only 8 have pictures (all clearly dated from the pixel quality).  I also don't happen to like any of them...two are kid's hats and one is a cowgirl hat, really leaving five choices.  A year or two ago I bought the two tone visor at BO...good price and I like the fit.  But it's in good condition so I don't need another visor.  So I'll go to Amazon, I guess.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

There's gotta be a few thousand kids across the street who can build a webstore for the place...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Would have made a few purchases if the website were functioning properly

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  809

I hate to sound negative, but this was only a matter of time. A lot of it isn't their fault either, but some is (i.e. website). Poor attendance at football and basketball are going to negatively affect non-campus owned fan shops, even if they're a couple blocks from the campus. 

When there's no one going to games, there's no one buying merchandise. When there's no one going to games, there's no one BRINGING people to the games, which kills the amount of people buying merchandise. I can only imagine that sales AT the stadium are abysmal now of days. 

In regards to their website. There's so many cheap and affordable e-commerce platforms out there that give you automatic SEO and great web presence. There's not much investment needed in them either, outside of domain name, SSL cert, credit card processor and a template design. Many of the big time carts such as Magento, Shopify, etc, have software that will even sync with your normal POS software so you can offer everything in your physical store online. Bullsheaven offered 95% of the inventory in their store online, plus they even had more items on the web only for drop ship, such as diplomas, custom prints, etc. 

They should have jumped all over something like that when BullsHeaven closed their doors in 2012.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  508
  • Days Won:  1

I went on the website just now to buy a hat, and out of 32 options, only 8 have pictures (all clearly dated from the pixel quality).  I also don't happen to like any of them...two are kid's hats and one is a cowgirl hat, really leaving five choices.  A year or two ago I bought the two tone visor at BO...good price and I like the fit.  But it's in good condition so I don't need another visor.  So I'll go to Amazon, I guess.

Go on their facebook page, they have a shirt I saw on there that I purchased by just calling the store. It was super easy, the sales associate was very friendly.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  809

Google "bulls outfitters" and the very first listing...gives you directions to the store that closed a couple of years ago.   Near the end of the basketball season, I was talking to some people in the club and they thought BOs had gone out of business. They have more problems than just poor attendance at games.

Google any local store and they're typically the first listing. No one's talking about that.

Google: USF Jersey, USF Hat, USF t-shirt, USF License Plate Frame, etc.

Google "USF Flag", a thread from TBP.com comes up higher than them. 

Their website is not doing them any good. 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I went on the website just now to buy a hat, and out of 32 options, only 8 have pictures (all clearly dated from the pixel quality). I also don't happen to like any of them...two are kid's hats and one is a cowgirl hat, really leaving five choices. A year or two ago I bought the two tone visor at BO...good price and I like the fit. But it's in good condition so I don't need another visor. So I'll go to Amazon, I guess.

Go on their facebook page, they have a shirt I saw on there that I purchased by just calling the store. It was super easy, the sales associate was very friendly.

I don't know why I should have to go to their Facebook page to buy something? I'm one of four people left on Earth that doesn't do Facebook anyway, but even if I did I don't get that mentality. No other store makes its customers go to Facebook to see pictures of what to buy so they can call the store to buy it.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

Also, have y'all seen this one girl who works there... HELLO! She should be doing the marketing for them. 

they've always had attractive young ladies working in there... i believe their staff are mostly students.

Craig is a good guy. he recognized my wife and i when we bumped into him at the Trop for a Sox game a few years back, just two customers who came up from Bradenton maybe 2 or 3 times a season to buy gear and he recognized us. that's the kind of business-customer interaction u don't get from a chain, from eBay, or an internet storefront... and there is usually a lot of unique **** in there u can't find anywhere else, even the 'net.

i'll have to take a trip up next week and buy my son some new stuff.

if even a $5 helmet keychain or bracelet would help, i can do that. i hate to see an individually owned small business go down like that.