• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Take A Selfie At USF Graduation, Lose Your Degree

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Everyone stop your whinning when I got my USF degree there was no walking on the stage. We stood up in our seats by college they said Congradulations and then we sat down.

Were you able to find a nice frame for your parchment paper diploma? ;)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Everyone stop your whinning when I got my USF degree there was no walking on the stage. We stood up in our seats by college they said Congradulations and then we sat down.

Were you able to find a nice frame for your parchment paper diploma? ;)

Haha. Actually my diploma sits proudly on my wall at work. The hardest out of the three degrees I earned was from USF and it is the one I am most proudest of. I just wished that the university allowed students to walk up on stage during graduation during the time I was there.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,940
  • Days Won:  38

As an alum, I love this.

As of a couple years ago, they were still doing the official photos while you are on stage. Why the need for more attention whoring? It's not about you. Get your ass off the stage and let the next person have their moment too.

No, the world doesn't need your selfie unfortunately.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

When I was a student, we had to hold it outdoors because they hadn't invented the electric bulb yet, and we had to walk to commencement uphill in the snow, BOTH WAYS!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,405
  • Days Won:  19

I heard that Masiello held up the line, and Kentucky did not send him the degree. Something like that...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I heard that Masiello held up the line, and Kentucky did not send him the degree. Something like that...

Now THAT's funny!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

This is only while you're up on stage walking to get your diploma. Selfies can still be taken on the floor while everyone is filing in.

When you're in a large college such as the College of Arts and Sciences, the whole process can take a couple of hours to do. Any time you get a bunch of girls or guys who think "We're going to show out for our (greek org) or our friends" and hangout on stage, it'll take up anywhere from 15-30 seconds just as they wait for each other. Then its another X amount of time as they all have to get pictures with Judy, and then you also have another X amount of time it takes for them to do their little skits.

Selfies don't take as long to do, especially if one already has their phone ready, but even so, can still be disruptive on stage.

A lot of the outcry I hear from this new rule seems to imply that selfies at all times during graduation are disallowed. However, that graphic says while walking on stage. Which is a fraction of the actual ceremony. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

As an alum, I love this.

As of a couple years ago, they were still doing the official photos while you are on stage. Why the need for more attention whoring? It's not about you. Get your ass off the stage and let the next person have their moment too.

No, the world doesn't need your selfie unfortunately.

Actually, graduation and commencement IS about them. Who else would it be about? Graduation from college is a major accomplishment. It's a big deal.

The issue is that it's about hundreds of people all at one time. There has to be a way to speed things along, but let's not get carried away by taking away what commencement is to people.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Personally, I think anyone taking a selfie anywhere, anytime, should be ***** slapped ....

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

Selfies are the coolest thing on earth!! WE LOVE IT!!! So glad I didnt grow up in this era!!!  WOW!