• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any Other Cord Cutters Out There?

slick1ru2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I've been up & down about TV service. I haven't done cable in many years--conspiracy theory or not, in the 4 different places I've lived with 4 different cable providers, they all blow hard for trying to make the customer happy. I've had stretches with DirecTV (including now) "for my daughters" but I'm thinking when my awesome sign-up deal is done, I'll probably be done with them too and just look at the other options some of you guys have via internet.

TV is a black hole for life, but like most I'm still an addict looking to break an addiction.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I would love to cut, but unfortunately the channels that make the far majority of my viewing are (don't laugh now) DIY and HGTV,

I can stream most sports and movies without a problem.

But but unfortunately the channels I do watch are not the ones normally available streaming.

Which is unfortunate since my TV has wifi and a built in browser.

I do wish they would offer A La Carte service.

It would drastically lower my bill but the power networks wont allow that as it would kill many channels (and thus lower their profits.)

Edited by dogma

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Would be appreciated if somebody could pm the site in Europe.

I cut cord a month ago and don't miss cable one bit..I have a ps3 would a roku be worth it for me??

`The Roku has over 1200 channels of all kinds of content, mostly free, from public domain movies, to newer Indie movies to radio stations to Christian church services to local network channel station news/weather. I have two, spend a lot of time on them. I have two laptops and an iPad too. So even with those I find it interesting.

There are user groups on Facebook and they have their own Roku forums. http://forums.roku.com/

Any cord cutter must be aware of data caps. I have a Comcast business account which has no caps. We stream a lot now that we've cut the cord, over 500 GB/month. A business account can be used at a residence and doesn't require you have a business.

New tv shows can be streamed at Project Free Tv and stream-tv.me and movies at http://g2g.fm/ . I know that Justin.TV often has all the football games, I am sure there are other websites that do.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

We're thinking about upgrading and getting a new TV that has one of those new fangled remote control thingees.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I cut cord a month ago and don't miss cable one bit..I have a ps3 would a roku be worth it for me??

It changes all the time. Just google "first row sports"

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

It changes all the time. Just google "first row sports"

Thank you

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

I searched first row sports and saw a firstrowsports dot net that says you must "complete an offer".  Afraid to click on either link that they show.  What type of experiences have any of you had with these type sights and the "offers" or "software" they want you to download?

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I searched first row sports and saw a firstrowsports dot net that says you must "complete an offer".  Afraid to click on either link that they show.  What type of experiences have any of you had with these type sights and the "offers" or "software" they want you to download?

To use firstrow, you MUST install an Ad Blocker

You'll get NUMEROUS ads constantly poping up

Do not download anything from that site.

Besides firstrow, there's also: http://www.feed2all.eu/type/football.html

Edit:

From experience, once you have the blocker installed.. IT'S GREAT

I've watched many events blacked out or not being shown here

Also get to see some international sports/leagues which can be pretty interesting...

Hey, you even get to watch Cricket! :D

Edited by dogma

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

As dogma stated, only use firstrow with adblock on. Also never install something it asks for in a stream. Just keep connecting to different ones until it loads. I use firstrow religiously for a lot of NFL games since I don't get my teams here and don't have access to NFL Sunday Ticket on Fios. 

I used to heavily torrent but now strictly use the sites below unless its a foreign show that won't be on there, then i torrent. 

Firstrowsports for NFL football

videobull for tv and solarmovie for tv/movies.

All those sites i recommend adblock for best viewing. I stick to putlocker, sockshare, oneclicktoview and allmyvideos.net links when streaming tv or movies.

Edited by deters-

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

As dogma stated, only use firstrow with adblock on. Also never install something it asks for in a stream. Just keep connecting to different ones until it loads. I use firstrow religiously for a lot of NFL games since I don't get my teams here and don't have access to NFL Sunday Ticket on Fios. 

I used to heavily torrent but now strictly use the sites below unless its a foreign show that won't be on there, then i torrent. 

Firstrowsports for NFL football

videobull for tv and solarmovie for tv/movies.

All those sites i recommend adblock for best viewing. I stick to putlocker, sockshare, oneclicktoview and allmyvideos.net links when streaming tv or movies.

Yes, all these sites use 1) Adblock Plus and 2) make sure your antivirus is up to date and 3) NEVER install anything off these sites, click the X to shut off the blocked ads and then max the screen and the feed, if there is one, will appear.

And I don't do torrents. You don't know for sure what you are getting until you get it and the people you see the FBI bust are torrent users. Torrent use as a percentage of the total internet traffic volume has shrunk dramatically over the past several years.