• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Musa and Hawkins Leaving Team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Knew Hawkins was gone for months, and I'm sure Musa saw the writing on the wall with Holston coming on board.

Best of luck to both of them.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Im gonna miss Hawkins's high school highlight reel.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

would these guys have stayed if heath wasnt fired?

why are so many guys leaving?

were their schollys not renewed?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Musa is no skin. I always liked the flashes shown by Hawkins.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

would these guys have stayed if heath wasnt fired?

why are so many guys leaving?

were their schollys not renewed?

Hawkins was transferring if Heath was here. LeDay may have.

My opinion is, as long as the core 4 guys, with experience, Collins, Allen, Egbunu, Perry, stay on board this team will be fine for next year.

May have to bring in a JUCO to replace some of the experienced depth. I don't think Antigua will be able to bring in the type of Freshmen this late in the game that will make a big impact on the season next year.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Whatever.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

Gotta keep Eb and Perry. And AC. Otherwise?

Since Perry wanted Heath gone, I mean him leaving would be a red flag that this guy doesn't want to work hard and just wants to be a baby. He got what he wanted now let's see what he can actually do since he was apparently being held back by the last head coach.

AC could still leave but it wouldn't be the end of the world imo. There are still options at PG coming on the market. 1 has a visit scheduled here in a couple of weeks.

Perry has academic issues which hopefully get fixed over the summer, still a good chance AC could transfer because he doesn't have to sit out….He would graduate in December & be eligible to play at his new school Jan 1……Ebunu wanted out also but hopefully Coach O & him war able to hit it off……...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

Let's hope jordan Omogbehin is the next to transfer. He's been wasting a scholarship for years.

Reading things like this piss me off. Jordan is an outstanding representative of USF, a good student and a hard worker. USF offered him a scholarship and he has done everything and more asked of him. He has not been wasting a scholarship, and to say that of one of our student athletes is very poor form, in my opinion. 

Not being privy to the lockerroom and practices, I can't speak for Jordan, but in general my take is as follows:

Someone was seen with potential and was offered and accepted a schollie.

It is now your JOB to make sure they live up to their potential.

If they have ...

... the right attitude (gung ho, team player, not prima donna) and ...

... work ethic (early to every practice, running drills full speed with effort, accepts criticism and works to get better) ...

... and they are still unable to produce at the level needed to crack the starting lineup, then that's on YOU, not the player, and you honor the schollie throughout their eligibility.

You NEVER pull a schollie from someone simply because you now have a chance to land a better player.

The corollary of this is that if a player has a bad attitude, they can be poison, and should know their schollie can be pulled.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

That's not how winning programs work, charsibb. If he can't contribute in some meaningful way, you've got to let them go. Cut the fat. Work in an academic scholarship to replace the athletic (I'm not heartless) or let them go to another school to play.

I'm not saying that's what should happen with OMG, but any player not contributing should go and go quickly.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

That's not how winning programs work, charsibb. If he can't contribute in some meaningful way, you've got to let them go. Cut the fat. Work in an academic scholarship to replace the athletic (I'm not heartless) or let them go to another school to play.

I'm not saying that's what should happen with OMG, but any player not contributing should go and go quickly.

Sorry, I disagree.

Winning programs are built on attitude and talent. All the talent in the world gets you nowhere if the attitude is wrong.

Attitude is built from loyalty, discipline, and tough love.

If you're worried about being benched, that's a good kind of pressure. If you're worried about your schollie being pulled for a better player, that's a bad kind of pressure.

One leads to harder work, the other leads to infectious bad attitudes and a vicious downward spiral.