• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here's how You do it.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Revenue wise? Wouldn't an OCS be a bad investment over a 30 year period in comparison to playing at the RJS?

If not, we should have built an OCS yesterday.

Think about concerts, bowl games, conference championships. Think about corporate naming rights, think about luxury box rights. Heck, if Minnesota can do such a nice job, why not us? We gotta think big, and act big and eventually we'll be big. If the Stadium is one of the anchors for a new entertainment district , we are gonna get big concessions from the City. Maybe free land and tax free zone status. City can earn their revenues from the all the businesses that follow.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

The only ones who don't benefit from gentrification are renters, but renters are transient populations and are not to be taken seriously when determining the long-term future in an area.

+1, but I think you have to be a little careful around campuses to spare the starving off-campus student crowd.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,453
  • Days Won:  25

Revenue wise? Wouldn't an OCS be a bad investment over a 30 year period in comparison to playing at the RJS?

Think about concerts, bowl games, conference championships. Think about corporate naming rights, think about luxury box rights. Heck, if Minnesota can do such a nice job, why not us? We gotta think big, and act big and eventually we'll be big. If the Stadium is one of the anchors for a new entertainment district , we are gonna get big concessions from the City. Maybe free land and tax free zone status. City can earn their revenues from the all the businesses that follow.

At the end of 30 years what have we got? NOTHING. What happens in 15 - 20 years when the Bucs build a new stadium?

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

The only ones who don't benefit from gentrification are renters, but renters are transient populations and are not to be taken seriously when determining the long-term future in an area.

+1, but I think you have to be a little careful around campuses to spare the starving off-campus student crowd.

I'm not sure many students live in the designated area.  Opportunity for a developer to build Off-campus  housing or for USF to expand dormitory space,

Think of the benefit of eliminating a fair portion of the criminal element in the process, as well.

This isn't true gentrification as I understand it anyway. That usually involves tearing down little houses and putting up big ones. This is more like creating an :enterprise zone"

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

If you sit and wait on the future, it will never get here.

It will get there, it just won't be any different.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

If you sit and wait on the future, it will never get here.

You sir are the next Confucius.

This is true. I'm confused already. banana.gif

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,667
  • Days Won:  108

At the end of 30 years what have we got? NOTHING. What happens in 15 - 20 years when the Bucs build a new stadium?

But also at the end of 30 years you are looking at replacing your 30 year old stadium.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

I still think that USF and the Bucs should do what the Jets and Giants did.

Pool the money together and create a modern amazing stadium where all of the signs and whatnot can easily be switched to make it look like either the Bulls stadium or the Bucs stadium.   The Glazer's are already talking about wanting a new stadium but Hillsborough county is not going to pay for another (not like I blame the county at all).   If the Glazers, USF, and Hillsborough county all pool their money together though, then I think Tampa could have one of, if not the best stadium in the entire country.   On top of that the country is going to want more Super Bowls to come in, along with Wrestlemania, which just brought more money into New Orleans then any Super Bowl they have ever hosted, but the older Ray Jay get's, the less likely that will be to happen.

I know many on here are convinced that an OCS is the way to go, but let's be real.  If the Bulls suck, it doesn't matter whether the stadium is 5 minutes away or 30, people aren't going to go. If the Bulls are a great team people will travel the 30 minutes to where Ray Jay is right now.  We have seen it before and it can happen again.  

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,419
  • Days Won:  19

I hope the county does not pool any tax money to pay for anything involving the Bucs

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,453
  • Days Won:  25

But also at the end of 30 years you are looking at replacing your 30 year old stadium.

How many COLLEGE stadiums  are replaced after 30 years? This is NOT the NFL where a team will threaten to move without a new stadium deal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_stadiums

Looks like MOST are not even renovated in 30 years.