• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Advice needed.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I lived off 46th for several years while getting my Bachelors/Masters at USF. The ones closer to Fletcher are a bit more noisy but as you go back they tend to be quieter. You can't beat the commute...

Edited by The Great 8

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  6

Thanks for the help everyone. Today I had a chance to check out both Fisherman's Landing and Carlton Arms. Both had positives and negatives. I was actually going to check out Summit West. Is it really that bad of a place? Not having neighbors above or below is very attractive.

It was 7 years ago now so maybe things have changed. If they got new management or enough complaints they could have easily fixed the problems but I would not recommend it given my experience back then.

Was by no means suit case city but when on 3 separate occasions I wasn't allowed into the complex because of police raids for drugs; and all I wanted to do was get home from work and have a couple of beers seemed a little excessive.

Also on multiple occasions I would be walking home from 2 for 1s at Applebee's at 1 in the morning and see 5 year Olds running around Unsupervised. Was definitely not the best place I've lived.

I'd recommend searching all complexes and reading residents reviews.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Seminole Heights has a pretty good amount of homes for rent that can be had for the same price as an apartment.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

My wife and I were going to move into Colonial Grand at Hampton Preserve before we decided to move.

Yeah, it's not exactly in the USF area, but it is close to 75.

This or the Marquis at Richmond Place

The Marquis is the first place my wife and I lived together and we loved it. We had a couple apartments after that that just didn't compare for us. However, we moved out of New Tampa at the end of 2010, and the endless roadwork going on around there was making traffic more and more awful. I know they weren't done yet when we left, so I don't know for sure what is left, but the traffic aside, it was a pretty prime location

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

The Lodge is easily the nicest and most -non-student-housing-like complex around USF. Its not close to 75 but its right by USF.

Next best thing is probably something like the Hidden River apartments, which are in the business park located right by the i75 ramp on Fletcher. I feel like you can probably get your hands on a nice place there. 

Carlton Arms isn't bad, but otherwise you might have to sacrifice one provision or another (and I'd go for i75 proximity- its only a 5 minute or so drive to an entrance ramp once you get past 56th street on Fletcher or Fowler, even when its kinda busy).

e: As a recent graduate (as in, last December) and a delivery driver I just want to chime in that New Tampa traffic sucks. There are some places located closer to Amberly drive (and their names I cannot recall) which makes it not so much of a hassle, but I'd stay away from anything too close to the interstate up there just because of how bad traffic can get. And the distance to USF really starts to add up. 

If you're no further than Amberly (up Bruce B Downs from Fletcher/USF area) you should be okay, as you'll be somewhat in between USF and access to i75.

Edited by Breedwell

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Thanks for the help everyone. Today I had a chance to check out both Fisherman's Landing and Carlton Arms. Both had positives and negatives. I was actually going to check out Summit West. Is it really that bad of a place? Not having neighbors above or below is very attractive. 

I lived in Summit West, as a kid, in the 80's and it was sketchy then.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

The Lodge at Lakeview is excellent for what you are looking for.  Very new and easy to get to campus.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Lived in Enclave Village in Tampa Palms, as well as Andover Place off Cross Creek Blvd. in New Tampa ... great apartments, and Enclave Village is very close to I-75, but like Breedwell said, the traffic is a bit nutty with the construction they've had going on around there.  I've been there 2-3 times in the last year and if you're going towards New Tampa, the traffic can be bad. 

However, the road Enclave Village is on connects to Amberly Dr. so going to USF, that wouldn't be so bad going from there. 

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  0

It looks like The Lodge is a little out of my price range. As a graduate student, I'll most likely be rather poor for a couple of years. So the cheaper the better. There's a complex across Fowler, the Park at Rialto, I'm going to check out today.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

It looks like The Lodge is a little out of my price range. As a graduate student, I'll most likely be rather poor for a couple of years. So the cheaper the better. There's a complex across Fowler, the Park at Rialto, I'm going to check out today.

Check out the Preserve at Deer Park

I lived there for a couple of years while attending USF

5 min drive to campus, with not much traffic. There's even a bus route that runs from the corner of the apt complex and passes through the USF camps by the medical area.

The buildings look nice too. 

It was pretty cheap and quiet. 2 pools, petty good 24 hr gym, and Barnies coffee at the club house

Its up Livingston Ave north of Bearss