• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

CoachO busy

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,205
  • Days Won:  422

I'm not sure why everyone is surprised? Health had a few blips, but he was not a winner or champion. Orlando has been apart of NC team that has been consistently good. He's coached along another great coach and know what needs to be done to win. He's going to win.

What are you talking about? Heath was an assistant on a National Championship team and 3 final 4 teams at Michigan State. He also went to an elite 8 as a Head Coach.

We have a lot of hope with coach O, but until he gets it done as a head coach hope and potential is all it is.

I hate to be this guy but that was ancient history.

Well, two years ago isn't ancient history, though, when Stan set the bar here and if there's one thing we all can agree on is that we want COA to raise it even higher ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Stan Heath was much more successful when he took the USF job than Coach O is right now. 

Stan has won before, and I believe in the right situation, can win again.

It's going to very hard for Stan to get another Head Coaching job at a school where there is a chance to a win a little. The man has been fired twice because he couldn't win enough. He doesn't coach a fun style that would put butts in the seats either. It will be asking a lot for any AD(probably a friend of Heath) to try and sell him to school's higher ups, fan base, and boosters.

Believe me I though about that back in Feb on where could Stan possibly find another head coaching job. I'm not saying it's impossible but it will be a very high risk for a mid-high major AD and president to hire Stan Heath. You are basically asking them to put their trust, jobs on the line that this man, who has an overall record of mediocrity, can come in and WIN RIGHT AWAY which he would have to do to gain the trust of those that matter. He will not have a grace period imo.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

9439783.jpeg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,744
  • Content Count:  17,369
  • Days Won:  13

Iverson was better than Jordan IMO. AI is the greatest ever - he didn't have Jordan's supporting cast.

lol

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,325
  • Days Won:  5

What I took away from this season is that we were about 66% from the FREE THROW line. If that gets to be 75-78% we win a lot of games. BTW our 3 point % was 25%.  

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Looks like he will be even busier.

Antigua.jpg

TAMPA (NCAA/FIBA Basketball World Cup) - Orlando Antigua tasted success in his first summer as the head coach of the Dominican Republic, leading the team to a spot in the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup.

The Dominicans clinched a top-four finish at the 2013 FIBA Americas Championship in Venezuela to book their passage to this year's 24-team tournament in Spain.

At the World Cup, which tips off 30 August, Antigua will coach the Dominicans in Group C against the United States, Turkey, Ukraine, Finland and New Zealand.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/14/wcm/news/p/nid/72428/article.html

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Stan Heath was much more successful when he took the USF job than Coach O is right now. 

Stan has won before, and I believe in the right situation, can win again.

It's going to very hard for Stan to get another Head Coaching job at a school where there is a chance to a win a little. The man has been fired twice because he couldn't win enough. He doesn't coach a fun style that would put butts in the seats either. It will be asking a lot for any AD(probably a friend of Heath) to try and sell him to school's higher ups, fan base, and boosters.

Believe me I though about that back in Feb on where could Stan possibly find another head coaching job. I'm not saying it's impossible but it will be a very high risk for a mid-high major AD and president to hire Stan Heath. You are basically asking them to put their trust, jobs on the line that this man, who has an overall record of mediocrity, can come in and WIN RIGHT AWAY which he would have to do to gain the trust of those that matter. He will not have a grace period imo.

So which do you think he would prefer, D1 assistant or D2 head coach?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Looks like he will be even busier.

Antigua.jpg

TAMPA (NCAA/FIBA Basketball World Cup) - Orlando Antigua tasted success in his first summer as the head coach of the Dominican Republic, leading the team to a spot in the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup.

The Dominicans clinched a top-four finish at the 2013 FIBA Americas Championship in Venezuela to book their passage to this year's 24-team tournament in Spain.

At the World Cup, which tips off 30 August, Antigua will coach the Dominicans in Group C against the United States, Turkey, Ukraine, Finland and New Zealand.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/14/wcm/news/p/nid/72428/article.html

Wow, that should get us some good press if he can make a deep run in the tourney ...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

What I took away from this season is that we were about 66% from the FREE THROW line. If that gets to be 75-78% we win a lot of games. BTW our 3 point % was 25%.  

Those Percentages are just painful.  Our Free Throw percentage put's us at 290th in the country.  Even if it was 71%, it would have given us 38 more points over the course of the season. The 3 point shooting number is a little disturbing.  The 250th ranked percentage was 32.8 percent.   If we shot that percentage we are talking 90 more points per season.  Add the 2 together and you are talking 4 more points per game which would have given the Bulls anywhere from 4 - 6 wins more last year.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Iverson was better than Jordan IMO. AI is the greatest ever - he didn't have Jordan's supporting cast.

Iverson didn't have several things Jordan had...