• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

football clearly drives expansion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  0

that big ten chose Rutgers over UConn proves it

usf has a chance one day if coach t can right the  ship

Ugh.  Rutgers may have one of the oldest FB programs, but they also have one of the worst.  UConn's is not much older than USF's (in Div 1A), but they have had more success than Rutgers.

No, markets do.

Rutgers football has sucked for decades, as has their bball. The B1G believed they were getting the NYC market by taking Rutgers.

They were sadly mistaken.

They may have the NJ market, but not the NYC market.  The NJ market is bigger than Tampa, but no where near NYC.

No, markets do.

Rutgers football has sucked for decades, as has their bball. The B1G believed they were getting the NYC market by taking Rutgers.

They were sadly mistaken.

LOL

They would have gotten FAR more of the NY market by taking ND

ND will never join a conference for football as long as NBC keeps playing as an alter boy to ND's archbishop and giving them loads of cash for the TV rights.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,403
  • Days Won:  19

The Big 12 took on TCU after their stellar football season.

Football drives markets; the markets drives expansion. Maybe both are indirectly true.

Either way, USF needs to win at both basketball and football to be considered. Not fair, but when you are a young Univ., that is what happens.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,404
  • Days Won:  13

UConn isn't an AAU memeber, Rutgers is however. So academic prestige is also a part of the equation, at least where the Big 10 is concerned.    http://www.aau.edu/about/article.aspx?id=5476

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Football drives markets; the markets drives expansion. Maybe both are indirectly true.

Either way, USF needs to win at both basketball and football to be considered. Not fair, but when you are a young Univ., that is what happens.

It's not about football, basketball, or markets. At least not directly.

It's about merchandise, ticket, and advertising sales. These are the Benjamins behind it all.

We don't sell enough ads, tickets, or jerseys, nor does it appear that we will in the foreseeable future, to justify an invite to the adults table.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

that big ten chose Rutgers over UConn proves it

usf has a chance one day if coach t can right the  ship

It took you this long to realize this.

It kills me when I think back when we hired Skip.Where we would be now if we took LRS' advice and hired coach T when we let go CJL

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,404
  • Days Won:  13

It's about merchandise, ticket, and advertising sales. These are the Benjamins behind it all.

We don't sell enough ads, tickets, or jerseys, nor does it appear that we will in the foreseeable future, to justify an invite to the adults table.

I think USF would do a lot better if the school and fans didn't worry moving into P5 and just concentrate on the task/opponents at hand. Let's see success at THIS level for awhile instead of all the hand wringing over moving to P5.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I think USF would do a lot better if the school and fans didn't worry moving into P5 and just concentrate on the task/opponents at hand. Let's see success at THIS level for awhile instead of all the hand wringing over moving to P5.

This is excellent advice Slick. I have been echoing it over and over. How can one enjoy anything USF athletics if you are always worrying about conference realignment. Personally, I stopped caring long ago...for me it is all about the game at hand.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,403
  • Days Won:  19

This is excellent advice Slick. I have been echoing it over and over. How can one enjoy anything USF athletics if you are always worrying about conference realignment. Personally, I stopped caring long ago...for me it is all about the game at hand.

You say that until UCF, Cincy, or UCONN get their invite out; and We are stuck with new CUSA schools.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  3

The performance on the field has prevented most from enjoying anything about USF athletics.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,207
  • Days Won:  422

Any evidence at all of the school actually worrying about moving into a P5? They appear to have been doing the correct thing and just concentrating on the task/opponents at hand ..... much to the chagrin of our resident hand wringers.

• Upvote 2