• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

"The selfishness pops up every once in a while"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

We'll agree to disagree on the seriousness of predicting regionals vs. Omaha (imo the differences between the two are too great to be semantics - 64 teams in regionals vs. 8 teams in CWS)

However, the point is, as jg mentioned above, we looked good after 7 games, nothing wrong with a little excitement before conference play.  Seems there are some people here that like to ridicule others for the part of your above statement I made bold  Nothing wrong with a little wishin' and hopin'.

Agreed. But I like to poke fun at irrational "wishin'" and "hopin'," and I think we had a lot of that going down when usf baseball was 7-0. Lelo's conference record in a baseball-weak Big East has never been strong, and the AAC is, arguably, better than the Big East in baseball. Lelo's been provided with an opportunity, he just hasn't run with it. Absent that one year when USF baseball caught fire the Big East tournament, we've been mediocre to above average in conference during the Prado regime.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

^^  Can't argue with that.  We  should be considerably better than we have been.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

Sweep this weekend is a must

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Joe may be referring to the sarcastic "Omaha-bound" posts...

Doubt it, he's pretty much this way all the time, but I'm sure he'll take the out you just gave him ...

I was referring to the Omaha posts...

Ok, you win there, you obviously took those far more seriously than I thought anyone would ...

Someone actually bet me a beer that we'd hit regionals this year. I think he was pretty serious.

That is a far cry from "Omaha-bound."

A matter of semantics, in my opinion. We had quite a bit of joyful exuberance going on around here in the early part of the season. Bottomline is that anyone watching Lelo at the helm during his coaching stint at USF has seen that he's woefully underachieved while here. Initially, he was given a pass because the of the state of the facilities, but now that excuse has worn thin the past few seasons.

Prado was pretty successful before he got here.  Cardieri was pretty successful for a while.

Maybe it isn't all the fault of the coaches.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

Prado has to know it's over. Unless something miraculous happens from this point on, we will have a new regime in the dugout next year and, frankly, it's overdue. The only positive to letting it go this long is that we won't have to pay two baseball coaches next year the way we already are for football, basketball and the AD.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

The fact that he's in his final year with no extension is telling.  I haven't kept up really, but was there any talk going in to the season on why there were no discussions or is everyone just quietly expecting it to end?

I remember Seth needed extensions because he caimed an inability to recruit if kids didn't have assurance he would be there.  True or not, that's the condition Prado is in.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,210
  • Days Won:  422

The fact that he's in his final year with no extension is telling.  I haven't kept up really, but was there any talk going in to the season on why there were no discussions or is everyone just quietly expecting it to end?

I remember Seth needed extensions because he caimed an inability to recruit if kids didn't have assurance he would be there.  True or not, that's the condition Prado is in.

After firing Heath with his accomplishments the last 5 years, there's no way they can justify extending Lelo ...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Since his contract is up, I'd have to imagine he's gone.  Fortunately, with this one, we won't owe him anything.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Surprising he did not get an extension during the extension-fest of 2011. He should get a new agent.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Surprising he did not get an extension during the extension-fest of 2011. He should get a new agent.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/baseball-coach-prado-gets-new-deal-through-2014