• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

"The selfishness pops up every once in a while"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Joe may be referring to the sarcastic "Omaha-bound" posts...

Doubt it, he's pretty much this way all the time, but I'm sure he'll take the out you just gave him ...

I was referring to the Omaha posts...

Ok, you win there, you obviously took those far more seriously than I thought anyone would ...

Someone actually bet me a beer that we'd hit regionals this year. I think he was pretty serious.

That is a far cry from "Omaha-bound."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Doubt it, he's pretty much this way all the time, but I'm sure he'll take the out you just gave him ...

Ok, you win there, you obviously took those far more seriously than I thought anyone would ...

Someone actually bet me a beer that we'd hit regionals this year. I think he was pretty serious.

A matter of semantics, in my opinion. We had quite a bit of joyful exuberance going on around here in the early part of the season. Bottomline is that anyone watching Lelo at the helm during his coaching stint at USF has seen that he's woefully underachieved while here. Initially, he was given a pass because the of the state of the facilities, but now that excuse has worn thin the past few seasons.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

There is still hope !!!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Athletic_Conference_Baseball_Tournament

This is not going to get us in for sure..........http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2014/schedule/South-Florida

OMAHA was a tad bit of sarcasm/wishful thinking. It looked like after 7 games the young guys could get us to a regional though........then Columbia came to town and it all came crashing down around BULL nation. The pitching has been above average but the hitters have ummmmm errrrrrr disappeared and defense has been pourous? Frustrating to say the least. Prado wants to win as bad as anyone and is having many sleepless nights at this point.  :facepalm:   

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

There is still hope !!!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Athletic_Conference_Baseball_Tournament

This is not going to get us in for sure..........http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2014/schedule/South-Florida

OMAHA was a tad bit of sarcasm/wishful thinking. It looked like after 7 games the young guys could get us to a regional though........then Columbia came to town and it all came crashing down around BULL nation. The pitching has been above average but the hitters have ummmmm errrrrrr disappeared and defense has been pourous? Frustrating to say the least. Prado wants to win as bad as anyone and is having many sleepless nights at this point.  :facepalm:   

Well, if he wants to win. I say we give him another year.

A matter of semantics, in my opinion. We had quite a bit of joyful exuberance going on around here in the early part of the season. Bottomline is that anyone watching Lelo at the helm during his coaching stint at USF has seen that he's woefully underachieved while here. Initially, he was given a pass because the of the state of the facilities, but now that excuse has worn thin the past few seasons.

We'll agree to disagree on the seriousness of predicting regionals vs. Omaha (imo the differences between the two are too great to be semantics - 64 teams in regionals vs. 8 teams in CWS)

However, the point is, as jg mentioned above, we looked good after 7 games, nothing wrong with a little excitement before conference play.  Seems there are some people here that like to ridicule others for the part of your above statement I made bold  Nothing wrong with a little wishin' and hopin'.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

We'll agree to disagree on the seriousness of predicting regionals vs. Omaha (imo the differences between the two are too great to be semantics - 64 teams in regionals vs. 8 teams in CWS)

However, the point is, as jg mentioned above, we looked good after 7 games, nothing wrong with a little excitement before conference play.  Seems there are some people here that like to ridicule others for the part of your above statement I made bold  Nothing wrong with a little wishin' and hopin'.

What else do we have if you are Bulls fan at this point ?  Cross Country, Tennis, Soccer, & Softball (although Louisville just handed us a beat down sweep at home....oh no ! Implosion.......Quick softball fact. We have not played one true "away" game in 33 games (crazy) 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Besides, those that REALLY thought we were Omaha-bound after a couple games aren't really to be taken seriously. Seems to me that Joe gets off on putting a damper on people's expectations, and loves to remind everyone he called it when it happens.

Lord knows USF sports have given him plenty of chances to be accustomed to doing that.

I also love saying when I was wrong. The baseball team has lost 7 of their last 8 (I believe) hard to be excited boss

Just for the record, they've lost 4 of their last 5.

I don't particularly understand Prado, sometimes, but I'm still a cup is half full guy. 

This is the first conference series they have lost. They are 5-3 in conference. They still qualify for the conference tournament.

An at-large invite is to the NCAAs is gone, That's a done deal. I pray nothing bad happens to Herget or Mulholland, the Bulls find a Sunday starter, and they improve their hitting so a run in the conference tourney can be had. 

Edited by swamprat

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

For the record, there were only a few Omaha comments and, as Brad pointed out, they were clearly sarcastic. Only a board contrarian would turn those into "everyone gets geeked" in order to take a shot at our fanbase ...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

The only thing thats going to be popping up every once in awhile is Prado's resume when he's job hunting.

For the record, there were only a few Omaha comments and, as Brad pointed out, they were clearly sarcastic. Only a board contrarian would turn those into "everyone gets geeked" in order to take a shot at our fanbase ...

That's exactly my point ...