• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who did better? USF-UK assistant vs. Marquette-Duke assistant

Guest PCBull14

it will depend on who is a better recruiter

My hunch is that Wojo is the better coach, but  Antigua is the better recruiter.  

In the end, it's probably a wash between the two.  Wojo was clearly the heir apparent once Coach K left Duke.  So, honestly I'm a little surprised he left for Marquette.  

A line to the same recruit.

Hi. I'm coach Orlando Antigua with USF.  We're looking at you and really want you to come to our program.

Hi. I'm coach Orlando Antigua with Marquette.  We're looking at you and really want you to come to our program.

Where is the recruit going?

Well considering recruiting does not work that way the answer is either.

Antigua can recruit hands down. Steve is nowhere near the quality recruiter that Orlando is.

Antigua is the better fit. Kentucky's downs are worse than Dukes, but their highs are a lot higher as well.

I will take an NIT sandwiched between a Final Four and a National Championship. I love Coach K but I fear the best years maybe behind him at Duke. That finesse style is not going to win a National Title. But then again I guess losing to 15 seeds in the tournament is better then what we have been putting together.

Guest PCBull14

Clearly Wojo got the better deal.  Gets more money, a school in the BE, a school with national championships on its resume.  Except for the weather Wojo wins.

AAC>BE Unless Marquette is going all finesse it is not going to be a smooth transition. Orlando has the parts to kind of play the way he would like here. That Duke style will not work with Buzz Williams guys. Steve better roll his sleeves up and learn tough physical basketball now.   

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

Marquette is in shambles (a reason why Williams left). The Big East is going to take a BIG hit next year with talent leaving (St. Johns just lost it's big man, McDermott gone).

Antigua can recruit NYC/NJ and Florida as base areas. Wojo will need to pull good Chicago recruits to be successful. Can he do that?

I think USF will end up better than MU in two years.