• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart, White, Bench and others

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Think we're getting ahead of ourselves if we're talking about going from 2-10 with a loss to McNeese State all the way to having 7 wins based on one recruiting class. Those recruits will still be in swaddling this year. Few of them will play and even fewer will have an impact. If you want to talk about this year's performance, start talking to me about the recruiting class from two years ago.

My major concern remains that they may have royally screwed up the quarterback position. It's encouraging to see that Bench had a good spring game but as I wasn't there I don't necessarily have great confidence about it.

I don't think this team will do what Willie Taggart wants it to do until they've got the QB situation figured out better. Hopefully Bench turns out to be that solution...because there probably isn't another solution on the roster.

I have been assured by many on here that everyone in this recruiting class will start immediately because Holtz got such poor recruits they don't even know what a football is.  

Second, our 21 starting true freshmen will win at least eight games.  **(White was recruiting by Taggart for at least 7 minutes, so we count him as a Taggart recruit instead of a Holtz recruit mostly because we think he is a great player so he is allowed to start this year) 

White will clearly be a leader in the Heisman race, which you would know if you had seen the Houston game and watched White complete passes to himself while blocking the entire Houston DLine with his left hand.

I'm sure I missed a couple of obvious things...

Edited by Bulliever
remove insult to member
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

**(White was recruiting by Taggart for at least 7 minutes, so we count him as a Taggart recruit instead of a Holtz recruit mostly because we think he is a great player so he is allowed to start this year)

He's a Taggart recruit because he committed to Taggart. This was a ridiculous observation the last time you broached it ...

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

**(White was recruiting by Taggart for at least 7 minutes, so we count him as a Taggart recruit instead of a Holtz recruit mostly because we think he is a great player so he is allowed to start this year)

He's a Taggart recruit because he committed to Taggart. This was a ridiculous observation the last time you broached it ...

Pretty sure Holtz didn't offer him either. Taggart extended the offer and he immediately accepted.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Not to mentioned we CRUSHED our conference foes in recruiting. USF should be able to purely just out-talent most of the AAC on the field in a couple of seasons.

I don't think you get trophies for a decent recruiting class plus we "just out-talented" FAU and McNeese State last year and how did that work out for us?? 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Wouldn't a complete 360 leave us right where we started?

I'm hoping for a 540...

180, but would be ok with 90 or greater

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Pretty sure Holtz didn't offer him either. Taggart extended the offer and he immediately accepted.

Taggart extended the offer, White accepted, and stayed committed even when he got a Mississippi State offer.  Please tell me how he's a Holtz recruit?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I love all the speculation.  Half the board is from Missouri "Show Me" state and the other half is from Florida "Sunshine" state.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Does it really matter?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I love all the speculation.  Half the board is from Missouri "Show Me" state and the other half is from Florida "Sunshine" state.

Consider me a show me state guy

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I love all the speculation. Half the board is from Missouri "Show Me" state and the other half is from Florida "Sunshine" state.

Consider me a show me state guy

Mizzou +1