• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Taggart, White, Bench and others

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Coach T's stubbornness from last year will pay dividends this year.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Your lips to god's ears...

I sure hope so.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

7 wins is plenty realistic by the way.   

-Western Carolina is an awful FCS team (2-10 last year) Should win, but after McNeese State anything  is possible   

-Maryland showed flashes of being good last year but were also horrible at times (Lost to Wake by 24, Beat Virginia Tech) We went 2-10 Last Year

-NC State was awful last year (went 0-8 in the ACC, only beat Richmond by 2, LA Tech (Skip), and Central Michigan) We went 2-10 Last Year

-Uconn is awful (We beat them last year.... :GoBulls: .   They also were just had the 9th worst recruiting class in the country.  We beat them by 3 points, easily could of lost 

-Tulsa was pretty bad last year (3-9 in C-USA, beat a few bottom feeder teams). We went 2-10 Last Year

-Cincy is still solid but we did beat them last year. Cincy beat themselves last year, We went 2-10 Last Year

-Houston was pretty good but we gave them a solid game last year and get them at home this time. We went 2-10 Last Year

-SMU just lost their QB and we also gave them a decent game last year. We went 2-10 Last Year

- Memphis beat us because we handed them the game. We went 2-10 Last Year

- UCF barely beat us at home, when they still had Bortles. We went 2-10 Last Year

The only 2 games this year that I am pretty much going to write off as loses before we even play them are against Wisconsin and ECU, and even the ECU game we get at home so you never know.

The AAC is going be completely wide open this year with Louisville out and Bortles gone from UCF.  My money right now would be on ECU coming in year one and winning but it's so wide open that I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Bulls give us our first real run at a conference title this year.

Nice breakdown.... Only thing you failed to mention was we went 2-10 last year lol. We will improve but we didn't have a 2-10 team by accident of a few weird losses. WE WERE AWFUL. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Right now, there's only one game I want us to win and that's the first one.  I'll worry about the other ones later.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Think we're getting ahead of ourselves if we're talking about going from 2-10 with a loss to McNeese State all the way to having 7 wins based on one recruiting class. Those recruits will still be in swaddling this year. Few of them will play and even fewer will have an impact. If you want to talk about this year's performance, start talking to me about the recruiting class from two years ago.

My major concern remains that they may have royally screwed up the quarterback position. It's encouraging to see that Bench had a good spring game but as I wasn't there I don't necessarily have great confidence about it.

I don't think this team will do what Willie Taggart wants it to do until they've got the QB situation figured out better. Hopefully Bench turns out to be that solution...because there probably isn't another solution on the roster.

Edited by ckparrothead

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Right now, there's only one game I want us to win and that's the first one.  I'll worry about the other ones later.

Oh yeah!

VB FTW!!!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Not to mentioned we CRUSHED our conference foes in recruiting. USF should be able to purely just out-talent most of the AAC on the field in a couple of seasons.

The Gap between USF's recruiting class this year and everyone elses besides Cincy is pretty ridiculous.  

- More 3 and 4 Stars then Cincy and UCF Combined.

- Same number of 3 and 4 stars then Uconn, ECU, Tulane, Tulsa, Houston, and Memphis combined.

- Only 2 four stars in the conference.

- Here's your disturbing one...................More 3 and 4 Stars then the USF's classes of 2012 and 2011 combined.  

Taggart just brought in a BCS level recruiting class in a non-BCS conference while Skip couldn't even bring one class like that in and he was actually in a BCS level conference. 

Wow, thanks for the homework, I knew it was good but that's crazy. Now he has to translate them into a ravenous team, and we might have a shot. Liking our chances better, thanks for the post.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Your lips to god's ears...

I sure hope so.

Nothing's certain but I'm eager to see them come out swinging like Tyson vs WCU. Smash, burn, pillage, then thank them for the game...oh man, please!

• Topic Count:  1,025
  • Content Count:  7,473
  • Days Won:  10

7 wins is plenty realistic by the way.   

-Western Carolina is an awful FCS team (2-10 last year) Should win, but after McNeese State anything  is possible   

-Maryland showed flashes of being good last year but were also horrible at times (Lost to Wake by 24, Beat Virginia Tech) We went 2-10 Last Year

-NC State was awful last year (went 0-8 in the ACC, only beat Richmond by 2, LA Tech (Skip), and Central Michigan) We went 2-10 Last Year

-Uconn is awful (We beat them last year.... :GoBulls: .   They also were just had the 9th worst recruiting class in the country.  We beat them by 3 points, easily could of lost 

-Tulsa was pretty bad last year (3-9 in C-USA, beat a few bottom feeder teams). We went 2-10 Last Year

-Cincy is still solid but we did beat them last year. Cincy beat themselves last year, We went 2-10 Last Year

-Houston was pretty good but we gave them a solid game last year and get them at home this time. We went 2-10 Last Year

-SMU just lost their QB and we also gave them a decent game last year. We went 2-10 Last Year

- Memphis beat us because we handed them the game. We went 2-10 Last Year

- UCF barely beat us at home, when they still had Bortles. We went 2-10 Last Year

The only 2 games this year that I am pretty much going to write off as loses before we even play them are against Wisconsin and ECU, and even the ECU game we get at home so you never know.

The AAC is going be completely wide open this year with Louisville out and Bortles gone from UCF.  My money right now would be on ECU coming in year one and winning but it's so wide open that I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Bulls give us our first real run at a conference title this year.

Nice breakdown.... Only thing you failed to mention was we went 2-10 last year lol. We will improve but we didn't have a 2-10 team by accident of a few weird losses. WE WERE AWFUL. 

You're assuming a high degree of stasis that doesn't seem likely.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,611
  • Days Won:  108

Think we're getting ahead of ourselves if we're talking about going from 2-10 with a loss to McNeese State all the way to having 7 wins based on one recruiting class. Those recruits will still be in swaddling this year. Few of them will play and even fewer will have an impact. If you want to talk about this year's performance, start talking to me about the recruiting class from two years ago.

My major concern remains that they may have royally screwed up the quarterback position. It's encouraging to see that Bench had a good spring game but as I wasn't there I don't necessarily have great confidence about it.

I don't think this team will do what Willie Taggart wants it to do until they've got the QB situation figured out better. Hopefully Bench turns out to be that solution...because there probably isn't another solution on the roster.

So if you aren't in the forest, the falling tree doesn't make a sound?