• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Taggart, White, Bench and others

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Wouldn't a complete 360 leave us right where we started?

I'm hoping for a 540...

I'd settle for a 180, no need to get greedy.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Wouldn't a complete 360 leave us right where we started?

I'm hoping for a 540...

I'd settle for a 180, no need to get greedy.

Style points man. At least thow in a backside yolo flip in that 180.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  3

Not to mentioned we CRUSHED our conference foes in recruiting. USF should be able to purely just out-talent most of the AAC on the field in a couple of seasons.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,405
  • Days Won:  19

Like FSU in the ACC? Would be beautiful! 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315

Not to mentioned we CRUSHED our conference foes in recruiting. USF should be able to purely just out-talent most of the AAC on the field in a couple of seasons.

The Gap between USF's recruiting class this year and everyone elses besides Cincy is pretty ridiculous.  

- More 3 and 4 Stars then Cincy and UCF Combined.

- Same number of 3 and 4 stars then Uconn, ECU, Tulane, Tulsa, Houston, and Memphis combined.

- Only 2 four stars in the conference.

- Here's your disturbing one...................More 3 and 4 Stars then the USF's classes of 2012 and 2011 combined.  

Taggart just brought in a BCS level recruiting class in a non-BCS conference while Skip couldn't even bring one class like that in and he was actually in a BCS level conference. 

That being said at the rate he is going (and already is for 2015 by the way.) he is going to have the Bulls winning 8 a year just from beating up on the bad teams.  The real question will be if he can bring in an undefeated season and a potential playoff spot.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315

7 wins is plenty realistic by the way.   

-Western Carolina is an awful FCS team (2-10 last year)

-Maryland showed flashes of being good last year but were also horrible at times (Lost to Wake by 24, Beat Virginia Tech)

-NC State was awful last year (went 0-8 in the ACC, only beat Richmond by 2, LA Tech (Skip), and Central Michigan)

-Uconn is awful (We beat them last year.... :GoBulls: .   They also were just had the 9th worst recruiting class in the country.

-Tulsa was pretty bad last year (3-9 in C-USA, beat a few bottom feeder teams).

-Cincy is still solid but we did beat them last year.

-Houston was pretty good but we gave them a solid game last year and get them at home this time.

-SMU just lost their QB and we also gave them a decent game last year.

- Memphis beat us because we handed them the game.

- UCF barely beat us at home, when they still had Bortles.

The only 2 games this year that I am pretty much going to write off as loses before we even play them are against Wisconsin and ECU, and even the ECU game we get at home so you never know.

The AAC is going be completely wide open this year with Louisville out and Bortles gone from UCF.  My money right now would be on ECU coming in year one and winning but it's so wide open that I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Bulls give us our first real run at a conference title this year.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705

I spoke with White's uncle at the spring game and he also said that White and Bench are now friends, although it started out a bit rocky...

EDIT: He didn't volunteer any details as to why, but it seemed obvious that it had to do with their competition.

White's uncle also said that in White's first start against Houston CWT dumbed down the playbook, which is why White looked so good, but then returned to his standard playbook the rest of the season, which is why he struggled after that. Said he expects both QBs and the offense in general to be significantly better this year (consistent with what most people think)...

Would have been nice if Willie T had dumbed down the playbook from the get-go. All the motion, shifts, reads, looks, etc were too much for the team to handle. I think his stubborn pride got in the way.

I don't think it was so much stubbornness and pride but the realization that if you want to get the best out of your players you have to challenge them beyond what they are currently capable of. We should see the results of this in the upcoming season. 

Challenge them, sure, great idea.  Putting them in a situation they will surely fail is just plain stupid.

The season was doomed from more than coach T's plan. We had massive problems that we only began to see when BJ went down the year before. When you are overhauling a system stability is necessary. Call it stubbornness if you will but creating a base to build from was necessary, and it is a more long term strategy that we will begin to see fruits of. The weight gains this year alone should make a huge impact. The team as a whole kept getting better and kept fighting. If you were at the spring game you could definitely see improvement despite having the 1's and 2's mixed up and it just being spring. There is a lot of hope to this team and this system. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I spoke with White's uncle at the spring game and he also said that White and Bench are now friends, although it started out a bit rocky...

EDIT: He didn't volunteer any details as to why, but it seemed obvious that it had to do with their competition.

White's uncle also said that in White's first start against Houston CWT dumbed down the playbook, which is why White looked so good, but then returned to his standard playbook the rest of the season, which is why he struggled after that. Said he expects both QBs and the offense in general to be significantly better this year (consistent with what most people think)...

Would have been nice if Willie T had dumbed down the playbook from the get-go. All the motion, shifts, reads, looks, etc were too much for the team to handle. I think his stubborn pride got in the way.

I don't think it was so much stubbornness and pride but the realization that if you want to get the best out of your players you have to challenge them beyond what they are currently capable of. We should see the results of this in the upcoming season. 

Challenge them, sure, great idea.  Putting them in a situation they will surely fail is just plain stupid.

The season was doomed from more than coach T's plan. We had massive problems that we only began to see when BJ went down the year before. When you are overhauling a system stability is necessary. Call it stubbornness if you will but creating a base to build from was necessary, and it is a more long term strategy that we will begin to see fruits of. The weight gains this year alone should make a huge impact. The team as a whole kept getting better and kept fighting. If you were at the spring game you could definitely see improvement despite having the 1's and 2's mixed up and it just being spring. There is a lot of hope to this team and this system. 

I don't disagree with what you say here at all.  That still doesn't mean you shouldn't have simplified things last year and gone with what worked instead of trying to force things that were clearly not working.  This isn't the NFL, we didn't get a higher draft pick by purposely losing games and playing like crap.  If your team isn't ready for the more advanced stuff when the real games start, then go with what works.  Clearly we proved in the Houston game there was a formula to have some success.  

Why would you purposely go against that formula to ensure a stunning lack of success?  Nothing gained, confidence lost.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

Just my opinion, but I didn't see any body losing confidence last year. Well, not on the field anyway.I agree with the plan if it turns into more wins this year.

Curious, does anyone think that there will be more weight and strength gained before summer camp opens?