• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Media reports: Kelvin Sampson to Houston, son as coach in waiting.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

usf stuck with unknown hire and hoping for the best

Wooden, Calipari, Rupp, Petino, Donovan, etc, etc, etc, were ALL unknowns once.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

In the bigger picture USF did the smart thing with this hire. Opportunity to really build the program rather than just have a couple of successful seasons then start over again.

The guy is considered the top recruiter in the country. Considered one of the top assistants in the country. Relatively young and enthusiastic. Coming from Kentucky he knows how to do things the right way.

He comes with less of a salary which allows us to increase the assistant salary pool. To me, this is the key. We will be able to afford better assistants to coach and develop the players.

With Harlan and Antigua both coming from the best basketball programs in the country, they should be able to build upon the foundation that Heath set. Both of their backgrounds bode well for improving the basketball program.

Guest PCBull14

In the bigger picture USF did the smart thing with this hire. Opportunity to really build the program rather than just have a couple of successful seasons then start over again.

The guy is considered the top recruiter in the country. Considered one of the top assistants in the country. Relatively young and enthusiastic. Coming from Kentucky he knows how to do things the right way.

He comes with less of a salary which allows us to increase the assistant salary pool. To me, this is the key. We will be able to afford better assistants to coach and develop the players.

With Harlan and Antigua both coming from the best basketball programs in the country, they should be able to build upon the foundation that Heath set. Both of their backgrounds bode well for improving the basketball program.

Don't really know about that part. Lets hope they stray away from that foundation. Without Rocc we have a losing program and no players.

How can you not call Egbunu, Perry, Corey Allen and Anthony Collins a solid foundation?

Clayton, Ziegler and hopefully Holston are the next building blocks.

Ridiculous to discount the young talent that Heath brought in.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

How can you not call Egbunu, Perry, Corey Allen and Anthony Collins a solid foundation?

Not to put words in his mouth, but I get the sense PC was saying Rocc got those guys, Heath didnt...

Unless there is a defection, those guys are in a Bulls uniform. That is the foundation I am talking about.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Frankly it's hard to say what foundation Antigua actually has. Putting AC there is something I question. First off he's not totally on board with the hire yet and might transfer. Secondly can AC play and be effective in what Coach O likes to run? I don't know and I'm leaning towards he cannot play at the high level that Coach O will expect from his guards.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Not to put words in his mouth, but I get the sense PC was saying Rocc got those guys, Heath didnt...

Of course that was it. Everything bad that happened with USF basketball was Stan's fault. Everything good, somebody else.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

Of course that was it. Everything bad that happened with USF was Stan's fault. Everything good, somebody else.

See, now you're catching on.  If someone doesn't like a guy that's the way people present it.  Can't wait for Taggart to do well in a couple of years and everyone will be giving credit to Harlan for bringing him in since Woolard could do nothing right.  That is unless people dislike Harlan AND Woolard and will give credit to Judy or the Board of Trustees or or or