• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Orlando Antigua Press Conference #usf #usfmbb

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

After that press conference I'm onboard 100%. The man is so passionate it's impossible not to root for him. He's exactly what we need right now.

We're going to be playing at a up tempo pace? I'm so happy right now I could do cartwheels!

He said that he prefers the up tempo pace. However, he also said he will have to see what he has and will play to the team's strengths. May want to hold off on the gymnastics right off the bat. 

They all should love some of new thongs they will get to experience with Coach O.

Hell, I'm getting excited.

Was it the thongs?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

After that press conference I'm onboard 100%. The man is so passionate it's impossible not to root for him. He's exactly what we need right now.

We're going to be playing at a up tempo pace? I'm so happy right now I could do cartwheels!

He said that he prefers the up tempo pace. However, he also said he will have to see what he has and will play to the team's strengths. May want to hold off on the gymnastics right off the bat. 

They all should love some of new thongs they will get to experience with Coach O.

Hell, I'm getting excited.

Was it the thongs?

204.gif

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,672
  • Days Won:  108

what is this dribble whatever offense they are speaking of?

This link will show you what it's all about

http://www.coachesclipboard.net/DribbleDriveMotionOffense.html

Thanks Vega.  After looking at that and not knowing much about our redshirt freshmen and incoming freshmen for next year, I'm guessing this is going to be a year or so away with the personnel we have.  First, only 1 or 2 guys that might be able to dribble penetrate and, more obviously, the lack of 3 point shooters.  Hope he is flexible enough to run things with the personnel he is inheriting next year. Don't want to see a Taggart move of forcing a round peg into a square hole. 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Thanks, MB! Tell Howie to to keep the faith!

Now that I listened to the press conference, I like our new coach.

1) When someone thanks so many people and gets emotional about it, it means he's not going to be a dictator of a coach. He's not another Captain Ahab who's going to do it his way and run the program into ground. "My program. Me! Me! My way!"

2) He's got lots of energy. This is what we need in a coach. Energy will overcome a lot of challenges.

3) He's going to work really hard, because he appreciates the opportunity.

I'm officially on board with this hire and I'm feeling renewed about the future of USF men's basketball.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I fully expect growing pains. But I really think there's an upside that's very hopeful.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Memphis still hasn't gotten over Coach Cal leaving for the Bluegrass and BDYZR is correct they are afraid of what Coach O could get going at USF. With L'Ville leaving for the ACC, USF has a legit shot to become a top tier team in the AAC.

We are not a top tier AAC team until we are

We ARE a top tier ACC team...at least until the 2nd game of 2015 !

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Days Won:  12

GOT to do things like that little video. Takes 15 seconds, matters tremendously. I'm not a member but I love it.

My grad program honored a huge donor today, mentioned his donation sparked millions more in ripple effects.

Show that donors matter and are rewarded. I love the steps.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Memphis still hasn't gotten over Coach Cal leaving for the Bluegrass and BDYZR is correct they are afraid of what Coach O could get going at USF. With L'Ville leaving for the ACC, USF has a legit shot to become a top tier team in the AAC.

We are not a top tier AAC team until we are

We ARE a top tier ACC team...at least until the 2nd game of 2015 !

based on what?

not in basketball or football

the other sports really dont matter

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Thanks Vega.  After looking at that and not knowing much about our redshirt freshmen and incoming freshmen for next year, I'm guessing this is going to be a year or so away with the personnel we have.  First, only 1 or 2 guys that might be able to dribble penetrate and, more obviously, the lack of 3 point shooters.  Hope he is flexible enough to run things with the personnel he is inheriting next year. Don't want to see a Taggart move of forcing a round peg into a square hole. 

basketball is completely different. glad taggart took the lumps last year. much more difficult to learn and run an offense in football than basketball for sure.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,672
  • Days Won:  108

basketball is completely different. glad taggart took the lumps last year. much more difficult to learn and run an offense in football than basketball for sure.

Agree.  But you have to have the players to run COA's system.  Just hope he adjusts until his players get here.  I don't think learning his system will be a problem.   If he had the players on this past year's team, how well will hoisting up 3 pointers have worked out?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Basketball offenses vs man to man. All are variations of these:

Motion

Flex

Dribble Drive

Triangle

Ball Screening

Zone:

Hi Low