• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not the same offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Honestly:

Bench looked bigger

O-Line looked comfortable

RB's were consistently making one cut then getting up field

I saw a lot of perimeter screens to get our guys in space

Great downfield blocking by the WR's

WR's were attacking the ball vs letting it get into their chests

It was crisp and I'm looking forward to then having even more time to develop

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

White completed 20\34 with easily 3-4 dropped passes that should have been caught. 24/34 puts him over 70 percent completion rate. All these considering white did well also, if anything this spring game puts a chip on his shoulder. Which is always a good thing.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Still got lots of time to bulk up with straub this summer too.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

My opinions;

Bench looked more comfortable and decisive after the snap.

Line looks more like linemen.

Receivers looked more willing to make a play

Pierre made some good strong runs

Still need to work on team speed

Sanchez will hit you

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Days Won:  12

At least we are seeing the right things. I don't think anyone ever loses the spring game, but you'd rather see Bench/White making plays. Receivers being comfortable, defense not missing tackles, etc. 

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

What are u happy with?

Less penalties for one.

Blocking looked miles ahead of what it was last year.

Is that a product of a better OL or a worse DL?

That's what we need to find out. My guess is both.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980

bench through four touchdowns...wonder if that changes things?

It was against our defense which makes any QB look like a HOF'r

our defense was ranked 21st in the country last year. Nancie, do you know anything about this team?

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

Yes Alice, as a season ticket holder who went to every game and watched all the games on TV I know that stat's don't always tell the truth.  We lost by large margins to McNeese State, FAU, Miami, Louisville, Houston and Rutgers....all offensive powerhouses. Our D was better this year than last but still couldn't keep mediocre teams from moving the ball and scoring....period.  When the opposition knows we can't score and make stupid mistakes the opposing offense didn't need to do anything special, but hey hey we had a great defense.

Edited by Bulls2k
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

our defense was ranked 21st in the country last year. Nancie, do you know anything about this team?

Yes Alice, as a season ticket holder who went to every game and watched all the games on TV I know that stat's don't always tell the truth.  We lost by large margins to McNeese State, FAU, Miami, Louisville, Houston and Rutgers....all offensive powerhouses. Our D was better this year than last but still couldn't keep mediocre teams from moving the ball and scoring....period.  When the opposition knows we can't score and make stupid mistakes the opposing offense didn't need to do anything special, but hey hey we had a great defense.

They also held one of the most explosive offenses in the country in SMU to 16 points (three points with the starting QB in) and forced a potential #1 overall NFL draft pick into one of his two second half interceptions that he had all season. Our offense was giving up all sorts of ridiculous defensive touchdowns early in the year that contributed to the huge margins of defeat. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980

They also held one of the most explosive offenses in the country in SMU to 16 points (three points with the starting QB in) and forced a potential #1 overall NFL draft pick into one of his two second half interceptions that he had all season. Our offense was giving up all sorts of ridiculous defensive touchdowns early in the year that contributed to the huge margins of defeat. 

Good points.  I just didn't see the same defense as pre-Holtz years past.  To me, Bresnahan was the surprising star of our defense.

Hey, I continue to support my Bulls and see Willie turning this around and things are looking up especially with the awesome recruiting class.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

In fairness, the white team had the top three receivers. From what I understand White has been the #1 in practice and was hitting 70 percent of his throws throwing to Davis/Dunkley/Welch. We could have two potential NFL wideouts next year. I'm glad Dunkley is finally living up to that five star potential. Davis is just leaving where he left off last year. 

That said-I will wait to see them against a more talented defense in NC State and Maryland this fall. 

Dunkley did have a bout of the butter fingers at the scrimmage though, and I'm still not impressed by him. Alex Mut, however, looked a lot more active than I was expecting. I also liked seeing some serious yards after the catch on a few of those plays. The players also looked noticably bigger than last year. It looks like that Straub strength and conditioning is starting to work a bit.