• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The National media is starting to rip us

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

So if I was negotiating to steal away a valued employee, I would call and tell his boss what I  was doing? BWAHAHAHA , you guys are such suckers. :MentalFloss:

let's try another scenario. Agent calls AD and USF has miraculously offered his underpaid client the same contract offer that they made Steve Masiello(who makes double Rice's salary). AD goes along because now he can raise Rice's salary and look like a genius by keeping him.

Meanwhile USF, goes "we just called to see if he was available, we never offered him.".

And then the Nancies take the ball and run the wrong way for the end zone,

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

The media runs the world and perception but usf fans only care about the 400 of us.

Admirable bottom feeders we are. Personally I don't like my alma mater being portrayed as confused and a joke. That's me though

I'm not surprised at all at any of this. If you are you haven't been paying attention the last 15 plus years.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

More disappointed in the search firm we hired to run this thing. If I was AD I would demand money back.

There isn't enough info on what really happened to even know if there is anyone to be disappointed in. Its a bunch of speculation, who did what and when. I think what happened it the search firm said he was looking good so far and to speed up the process, because time is a factor, sent him to USF to interview and he was told pending the rest of the vetting, he was hired. He told his students, it got leaked via social media and then Kentucky gets back with its findings. And anyone that requested transcripts knows they are sent by mail, sealed, from the school. I don't think finding he didn't have a degree was simple as a phone call, especially given the circumstances about the confutation on why he doesn't have a degree.

No, no. Whether X has a degree and the years of attendance (if any) can be verified with one simple phone call to the Registrar's office. Those are not protected info. Clearly, that call wasn't made anywhere near early enough.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

I don't have twitter, nor do I plan on it.

The UNLV AD confirmed the offer. It was more of whether he was going to take it or not. Manhattan confirmed Masseillo taking the job.

Its one thing to report some crazy ass rumor. its other to report something that is valid. You're being ridiculous to even compare that to tuxedo Yoda.

No, you've just been sucked into this gossip riddled generation that has no clue the meaning of what real news is ... Real news is when Harlan is standing at a podium introducing our new coach.
Sorry. When a coach accepts a job, signs an offer sheet and then gets it rescinded because of a false resume, it's news.

When another AD comes out and says we've offered their head coach a job it's news.

I agree with you on all the BS, but pretending like Masiello and Rice news is gossip is idiotic.

This is the AD's tweet:

User Actions
  Follow
HDa1PHLk_bigger.jpegMatt Youmans‏@mattyoumans247

UNLV ad Tina Kunzer-Murphy on Rice: 'Dave does have a solid offer from South Florida. I really think that tomorrow we’ll have it resolved.'

I guess for all of us, it's a decision to interpret that as a verbal or written, and contrast that with what USF is saying,

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

He played us. Plain and simple

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Rice played both sides. An amazimg job considering some wanted him out of there. His recruiting class saved his arse at UNLV. I file him in the same category as Masiello.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

I don't have twitter, nor do I plan on it.

The UNLV AD confirmed the offer. It was more of whether he was going to take it or not. Manhattan confirmed Masseillo taking the job.

Its one thing to report some crazy ass rumor. its other to report something that is valid. You're being ridiculous to even compare that to tuxedo Yoda.

No, you've just been sucked into this gossip riddled generation that has no clue the meaning of what real news is ... Real news is when Harlan is standing at a podium introducing our new coach.
Sorry. When a coach accepts a job, signs an offer sheet and then gets it rescinded because of a false resume, it's news.

When another AD comes out and says we've offered their head coach a job it's news.

I agree with you on all the BS, but pretending like Masiello and Rice news is gossip is idiotic.

This is the AD's tweet:

User Actions
  Follow
HDa1PHLk_bigger.jpegMatt Youmansâ€@mattyoumans247

UNLV ad Tina Kunzer-Murphy on Rice: 'Dave does have a solid offer from South Florida. I really think that tomorrow we’ll have it resolved.'

Point of order, that's not the AD's tweet.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I really don't think most of the public takes what the media says on face value anymore. Look at comments on any news site, most bash the article and author. The media gets paid by having eyes on content. They are going to exaggerate as much as they can to hook readers. But more and more realize that if the media can be wrong about something they know and are familiar with, then most all of it is embellished or turned around to draw attention, truth be damned. USF has done no wrong and if the school wants respect on a national level, keep expanding the academics, increasing prestige and start dominating on the field. But its Catch 22, you start winning and you start gaining enemies.Just look at The Gators, LSU or Bama, heck the entire SEC. Someone wrote SI that the entire nation was watching the Mich/Ohio St games, hoping that the SEC would be shut out of the NC game. USF was most popular nationally as an underdog, giant killer. But having the nation scorn you because of success is the place we all long to be, so just remember it doesn't get any easier.