• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lone local voice?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,328
  • Content Count:  96,951
  • Days Won:  469

@JJohnstonTBO: Agree with this editorial. In MBK coach fiasco, #USF handled things with integrity. Where was Louisville? Manhattan? http://t.co/DlfSk9T9Uk

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

Agree with this.  USF is not the bad guy here.  Not a good situation for anybody, but I don't blame USF.  I do think USF has had some really bad luck lately, though.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,419
  • Days Won:  19

USF has had bad luck for the past 7 years.

Unlike past times, we need to rise above adversity and do even better!

I hope they find a coach more promising than Masiello (and not as mediocre as Stan Heath)

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Cue Redbird to tell us how USF not hiring Masiello was not Louisville's fault ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

USF has had bad luck for the past 7 years.

Unlike past times, we need to rise above adversity and do even better!

I hope they find a coach more promising than Masiello (and not as mediocre as Stan Heath)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,435
  • Days Won:  422

@JJohnstonTBO: Agree with this editorial. In MBK coach fiasco, #USF handled things with integrity. Where was Louisville? Manhattan? http://t.co/DlfSk9T9Uk

Just read that a little while ago. Thing is, everyone outside of a few local media outlets who didn't like getting caught with their pants down, didn't fault USF for this ... 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,684
  • Days Won:  14

Just read that a little while ago. Thing is, everyone outside of a few local media outlets who didn't like getting caught with their pants down, didn't fault USF for this ...

This. People already had their narrative: USF is incompetent. They probably had already drafted their articles. Late-breaking facts shattering their narrative made them have to work harder, which they resented. More reason to hate on USF.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Agree with this.  USF is not the bad guy here.  Not a good situation for anybody, but I don't blame USF.  I do think USF has had some really bad luck lately, though.

You create your own luck.  That's means you're in the drivers seat of whether that luck is good or bad.  USF has created their own bad luck since 2009 with respect to our revenue sports.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,435
  • Days Won:  422

You create your own luck.  That's means you're in the drivers seat of whether that luck is good or bad.  USF has created their own bad luck since 2009 with respect to our revenue sports.

And how, exactly, would Leavitt still being here have affected the basketball situation ...

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

And how, exactly, would Leavitt still being here have affected the basketball situation ...

It's not just about Leavitt.  It's about thinking, you (not you TB) thinking you know more about sports, about coaching, about where USF should be in the landscape than someone who has lived that life.  It's about accountability and an atmosphere of excellence in athletics and it most certainly is about KARMA.