• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Steve Roccaforte as Head Coach

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Steve Mazza as Head Coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Maybe it's just frustration, but I am at that point too. Nobody remaining gets me excited. Give Roc one year. If he succeeds, then great. If he doesn't, we will have a new list of candidates.

I am not totally there yet, but I see your point here.

I'm at that point. We missed the boat on the splash hires for one reason or another, Masiello went up in flames, just hire someone so we can move on. No one we get at this point moves the needle in terms of excitement, so just hire someone and we can get back to being completely irrelevant for the next few years while the project hire pans out.

We still need someone who can coach well, and hopefully recruit too. Whether it's a splash hire or not.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

the fact that the players want him convinces me NOT TO HIRE HIM

the players have no say and need to study and practice free throws

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Maybe it's just frustration, but I am at that point too. Nobody remaining gets me excited. Give Roc one year. If he succeeds, then great. If he doesn't, we will have a new list of candidates.

I'm at that point. We missed the boat on the splash hires for one reason or another, Masiello went up in flames, just hire someone so we can move on. No one we get at this point moves the needle in terms of excitement, so just hire someone and we can get back to being completely irrelevant for the next few years while the project hire pans out.

We still need someone who can coach well, and hopefully recruit too. Whether it's a splash hire or not.

Only if winning is an actual priority.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Only if winning is an actual priority.

Now THAT'S an interesting idea...maybe Judy has some serious money against us and is throwing the search.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

I don't see any evidence from the players that Rocc would make an ideal HC (other than their choice to go to USF).

Let's just push harder for Kellogg or White... OR let's give Masiello his degree.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

At this point, I don't really care anymore. There aren't any more splash hires left, so give the guy 1 year and see how he does. If he fails, then there might be better candidates to chose from next year compared to this year. If he succeeds, then great.

Wondering who would be available next year that isn't now.  If people on here want us to go after Mike White, who just signed a 5 year extension last year, then we can go after any "splash" guy we want right now.  I don't see Coach K, Roy Williams or Boeheim becoming available next year.  It appears that Bruce Pearl was the only splash hire out there this year.  Masiello was a guy we wanted but I wouldn't call him a splash.  He had potential but I'm sure there are others out there.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Skippy Walnuts step away from the twinkies.  Coach Rocc = Twinkie supplier ?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

@SKIPPYWALNUTS: Coach Rock for New Coach. #make it a movement ✊

Skippy needs to read some other tweets or interwebs sites.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

@SKIPPYWALNUTS: Coach Rock for New Coach. #make it a movement ✊

Skippy needs to read some other tweets or interwebs sites.

Looking more and more that the young basketball player knows more then we adults.