• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls going after Craig Neal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

Looks like the media folks would REALLY enjoy working with him from this "testy" pre-NCAA news conference:

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

To me, it looks like he would not be sleeping after a loss. He really reminds me of Leavitt -committed, feisty, and little bit edgy to the press.

Can he recruit?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  35

When Stan Heath was fired, all I heard about on here was all of the excellent candidates with interest in the job (i.e. - Buzz Williams, Shaka Smart, etc.)

Instead, first we have the debacle with the scammer (Masiello) and now a bunch of unexciting retreads (I.e. - Craig Neal, Hoffman, etc.). I am also not in favor of Antigua who has no head coaching experience. Anyone can recruit excellent talent to UK so that doesn't impress me at all about him.

Very disappointed in Mark Harlan, who appears to be way over his head. Harlan should be a strong enough AD to pick out a Head Coach himself (like Jeremy Foley does, etc.) rather than using the search firm that hired him! Guess he is too weak to make his own decisions. Why hasn't he addressed the fan base or press at all during this debacle? Thought he was all about the fans and fan experience!

Judy is also doing a crappy job since she was so unprofessional regarding Men's Basketball at Harlan's Introductory Press Conference.

USF should have kept Stan Heath for another year!

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,034
  • Days Won:  20

To me, it looks like he would not be sleeping after a loss. He really reminds me of Leavitt -committed, feisty, and little bit edgy to the press.

Yeah but will he headbutt the hardwood?

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I hear ya Vega - but what I also see is someone with experience across many levels of the game. He may have won with another coach's players, however you don't just slide your way to 27 W's.

So USF fired Stan Heath only to be interested in hiring a Stan Heath? I very old Stan Heath

Heath went 30-6 at Kent St in 1 season and got to the elite eight. The rest as they say is history

Edited by Vega

I sure hope Craig Neal looks better in an interview. In the Video above he looks unhealthy and friggin scary. WTF.

Judy sucks!

In Harlan's Introductory Press Conference, didn't she make a gagging sound and also put a finger to her head discussing men's basketball program? So unprofessional for a President! In addition, there is the discussions with the Search firm regarding a coach even before Heath was fired. Why didn't USF wait 2 extra days to do that and be professional for once? The two extra days would not have made a difference in the coaching search as we are going on 3 weeks without a successful hire!

I don't really care what Judy has done for the rest of USF (which is impressive I must say), when it comes to USF Athletics (which all of us are big fans of and want to succeed), Judy is a huge failure!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Looks like the media folks would REALLY enjoy working with him from this "testy" pre-NCAA news conference:

I wanted a different look with the new coach. Hoping for young and energetic but I guess a homeless look would be a change, too ....