• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

UL's Masiello Story from L'Ville writer and when did Masiello tell his players?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

At some point he's going to have to speak out on himself, and whatever he says, he has to be dreading it. Doesn't matter what position he takes, he's already lost so much face it'll be hard to get some respect back. Only way he recovers quickly is:

1. UK really did screw up paperwork and issues an apology to him.

2. He announces his departure from Manhattan to become the new head coach at the University of Central Florida.

He can't go to UCF for the same reason he couldn't come here ... O'Leary's situation was different.

Oleary lied about post baccalaureate education. The man has his BS degree, or a BA

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

At some point he's going to have to speak out on himself, and whatever he says, he has to be dreading it. Doesn't matter what position he takes, he's already lost so much face it'll be hard to get some respect back. Only way he recovers quickly is:

2. He announces his departure from Manhattan to become the new head coach at the University of Central Florida.

He can't go to UCF for the same reason he couldn't come here ... O'Leary's situation was different.

Oleary lied about post baccalaureate education. The man has his BS degree, or a BA

well O'Leary took it a step further.  He even made up a school for his post grad.  He gets points for creativity.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Also lied about lettering while in college ... per Wiki.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

Not really.  I mean the dude worked at Tulane, Manhattan as an assist, UL and the Manhattan again as a head coach out of all those places it's required to have a degree but, the one place I could see being lax is UL just because Pitino has known the kid his whole life I'm sure Pitino would trust him if he said he graduated.  Not saying UL should have not done the check but, I can see the scenario where it didn't happen.  If you want to use that to call out UL and trash them more power to ya.  Doesn't really matter.  Good luck to you guys in the future.  

I don't think anybody is trashing UofL.  But it's rather unusual for a top university to not do a thorough check on an employee of that caliber...or any employee for that matter.  I mean, it was just 2005, not too long ago; therefore a thorough background check must have been a requirement.

Every university has dirt.  Shoot, we had terrorists teaching in the (I believe) engineering school when I was going to USF.  With that being said, UofL either:

• Didn't follow protocol and performed the necessary due diligence on him
  • Turned a blind eye
  • Perhaps both

Plain and simple.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

So UCF hires O'Leary after fudging his resume and ends up down the road with a BCS win, something Notre Dame didn't do during the time period. I say screw it, keep the guy.

This must be one of those times you post stupid **** just to see who'll take it seriously ....

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  0

So UCF hires O'Leary after fudging his resume and ends up down the road with a BCS win, something Notre Dame didn't do during the time period. I say screw it, keep the guy.

O'Leary lied about having a master's degree. If he would have lied about having a BA I'm sure UCF wouldn't have hired him either.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Laugh guys, it's a UCF joke.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Laugh guys, it's a UCF joke.

We're Bulls, our sense of humour has been beaten out of us...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

We're Bulls, our sense of humour has been beaten out of us...

...and apparently replaced with dry British humour? I didn't realise that.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,606
  • Days Won:  51

They bought their plane tickets. They knew what they were getting into... I say, let em crash!