• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

New group of BB coach candidates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Joey Johnston â€@JJohnstonTBO 

The father of LaTech coach Mike White is Duke AD Kevin White. Don't underrate that factor in son's coaching direction. Wake Forest?

If Wake gets White then it will be official that USF will indeed make the worse coach hiring off the year. When the grades go out, we'll get the lowest one unless a shocker comes out of nowhere. Right now I have little confidence in Harlan to pull such a thing.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

The father of LaTech coach Mike White is Duke AD Kevin White. Don't underrate that factor in son's coaching direction. Wake Forest?

If Wake gets White then it will be official that USF will indeed make the worse coach hiring off the year. When the grades go out, we'll get the lowest one unless a shocker comes out of nowhere. Right now I have little confidence in Harlan to pull such a thing.

Geez, Vega, stop being a freaking drama queen ...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Geez, Vega, stop being a freaking drama queen ...

right....

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  2,400
  • Days Won:  5

Watch out for what you wish for!

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I was hoping this wouldn't start:

@Corey_Allen4: I want Coach Rocc to take over the coaching job here at USF

@SKIPPYWALNUTS: @Corey_Allen4 PREACH

That's a vote for the status quo.

Status quo hasn't worked out too well...time for a change.

What status quo do you speak of? They are not the same coach. Roccaforte is more fiery on the sidelines, better recruiter, and believes in uptempo offense and pressure defense. These same players wanted Heath gone.
Do you think these guys will train and work harder for Rocc? Maybe so, maybe not. I'm referring to the status quo of poor conditioning, playing with no heart, losing focus, looking pitifully disorganized on offense, joking during timeouts while getting our butts kicked in the Vegas tournament and on and on.

Rocc may be a fine choice. However, right now this program needs a culture change, much like the football team did after Holtz. I would hope the new coach would retain Rocc, for his recruiting and energy. However, there needs to be a new head coach with a new vision over the bball team.

Just my 2 cents.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

What status quo do you speak of? They are not the same coach. Roccaforte is more fiery on the sidelines, better recruiter, and believes in uptempo offense and pressure defense. These same players wanted Heath gone.
Do you think these guys will train and work harder for Rocc? Maybe so, maybe not. I'm referring to the status quo of poor conditioning, playing with no heart, losing focus, looking pitifully disorganized on offense, joking during timeouts while getting our butts kicked in the Vegas tournament and on and on.

Rocc may be a fine choice. However, right now this program needs a culture change, much like the football team did after Holtz. I would hope the new coach would retain Rocc, for his recruiting and energy. However, there needs to be a new head coach with a new vision over the bball team.

Just my 2 cents.

Agree.

We've had enough good cops, bring in a bad cop

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just my 2 cents.

Agreed, the familiarity with Rocc could lead to players never breaking the bad habits and losing culture the program has developed. Some new blood from the outside would force the players to have to prove themselves to the new coach through hard work and focus. People are more likely to work hard with a fresh start than when there is familiarity with a situation.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Just my 2 cents.

Agreed, the familiarity with Rocc could lead to players never breaking the bad habits and losing culture the program has developed. Some new blood from the outside would force the players to have to prove themselves to the new coach through hard work and focus. People are more likely to work hard with a fresh start than when there is familiarity with a situation.

So does that mean not keeping him as an assistant, either?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I was speaking on him as a HC. Personally I would like a clean house but I do see the value of keeping him on as an assistant since he's a strong recruiter.

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,681
  • Days Won:  14

My apologies if something has already been posted, but...

UNLV coach Dave Rice is considering a position at South Florida, which offered a five-year deal for $1.2 million per year. Story @RJ_Sports

EDIT: Here's a link to his wiki page - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Rice_(basketball) 

Thoughts?

Edited by TallyBull