• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF basketball upper limit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Agree to disagree on the USF basketball destination job thread. Good luck either way going forward. Hope the new coach can get them back to being competitive. I think he will.

Let's hope so.

One coach can make all the difference. UCONN was nothing on the national stage until Calhoun came along.

Masiello may or may not be the guy, but the right guy can be the guy to put a tram over the hump.

We have to get to the hump first.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

If Massiello comes on board, as expected, and he keeps this group of kids together this team is poised to make their best run (over multiple years) ever for the program. Everything is in place to make it happen with the right coach. This is not Mac coming into the BE with a bunch of low level CUSA players and it isn't the mess Heath inherited. This is a team made up of a PG considered to be one of the best in the conference, maybe the nation. 2 of the best freshmen players in the conference and one of the better scoring freshmen recruits in the country.

If Massiello is the coach he is reported to be then he is set up beautifully to make a big mark in the league. It is up to him to make of it what he will.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,608
  • Content Count:  74,429
  • Days Won:  422

If Massiello comes on board, as expected, and he keeps this group of kids together this team is poised to make their best run (over multiple years) ever for the program. Everything is in place to make it happen with the right coach. This is not Mac coming into the BE with a bunch of low level CUSA players and it isn't the mess Heath inherited. This is a team made up of a PG considered to be one of the best in the conference, maybe the nation. 2 of the best freshmen players in the conference and one of the better scoring freshmen recruits in the country.

If Massiello is the coach he is reported to be then he is set up beautifully to make a big mark in the league. It is up to him to make of it what he will.

Only problem there is the pg. I don't think we even know if AC will ever be 100% healthy again ... and if Josh leaves, we're down to CAJ as lone point guard again, which could be fine if Holston can hit the court running. The committed gladiator appears to be a combo guard but we don't know if the change affects him or not.