• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF basketball upper limit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Didn't say they weren't just said I couldn't see them winning a National Title ever in basketball.  Support, Money, Coach,being a couple of the reasons.   Like Mark Few and Gonzaga.  Problem USF will have is it's not a destination bball job.  Also basketball is not their main focus like a Gonzaga, Marquette, Georgetown,Buter  Neither really is Gonzaga but, Few kind of slid right after being an assistant for years.  Meaning you could have a guy come and and be successful but, if it gets to successful he is off to greener pastures.  I can see USF getting into the NCAA tourney;s yearly.  Pretty sure that's what the fan base want's.  Hope it happens for them. Least hope they get someone who gets the fans to come out to more games. That's all I was saying.  I know fan bases have sensitive fans,realistic fans and fantasy land fans.  I'm more of the realistic one so sorry if I offended anyone.  I wasn't trying to no reason for me not to want see USF succeed. 

Being a destination BB job is dependent on the coach, not fan perception.  I'd rather live in Tampa than any of the places you mentioned or Louisville.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

USF can recruit Final 4 level talent over the next few years as this talent is a tank of gas away. Now getting this talent and reaping the benefits of it now is the responsibility of Coach Masiello and his staff.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

No program started as a destination. IT turned into a destination because of the history and fans. This can happen anywhere. Sometimes something amazing happens at programs and fortunes change. It can happen at USF.  We are at a tipping point and we all can feel it.

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  471

Didn't say they weren't just said I couldn't see them winning a National Title ever in basketball.  Support, Money, Coach,being a couple of the reasons.   Like Mark Few and Gonzaga.  Problem USF will have is it's not a destination bball job.  Also basketball is not their main focus like a Gonzaga, Marquette, Georgetown,Buter  Neither really is Gonzaga but, Few kind of slid right after being an assistant for years.  Meaning you could have a guy come and and be successful but, if it gets to successful he is off to greener pastures.  I can see USF getting into the NCAA tourney;s yearly.  Pretty sure that's what the fan base want's.  Hope it happens for them. Least hope they get someone who gets the fans to come out to more games. That's all I was saying.  I know fan bases have sensitive fans,realistic fans and fantasy land fans.  I'm more of the realistic one so sorry if I offended anyone.  I wasn't trying to no reason for me not to want see USF succeed. 

Being a destination BB job is dependent on the coach, not fan perception.  I'd rather live in Tampa than any of the places you mentioned or Louisville.

Yeah dependent on the coaches I would say 99.9% of them don't think USF basketball is a destination job.  Come on ,man.  It's USF basketball I mean I know some people wear blinders but, Geez man.

Edited by redbird2001

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

USF basketball is not a destination job until it is.

No program started as a destination. IT turned into a destination because of the history and fans. This can happen anywhere. Sometimes something amazing happens at programs and fortunes change. It can happen at USF.  We are at a tipping point and we all can feel it.

You think Gonzaga would be a destination for anyone but Few? They probably are paying him around what USF's new coach is going to make. Yeah, they have fan support but show me a school going to the NCAAT year after year that doesn't. I still say that term is defined by the coach for all but a few schools.  Think CJL at USF. He considered USF a football coaching destination, for example.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801

You think Gonzaga would be a destination for anyone but Few? They probably are paying him around what USF's new coach is going to make. Yeah, they have fan support but show me a school going to the NCAAT year after year that doesn't. I still say that term is defined by the coach for all but a few schools.  Think CJL at USF. He considered USF a football coaching destination, for example.

Actually Dan Monson took them to the Elite eight and then Mark Few took over. Not mention it is John Stocktons alma mater. Sometimes there is just a spark that provides change. UF has shown that it can sustain success under different coaches. Yes some schools are dependent on the coach because the tradition has to start somewhere.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzaga_Bulldogs_men's_basketball

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  471

Agree to disagree on the USF basketball destination job thread.  Good luck either way going forward.  Hope the new coach can get them back to being competitive.  I think he will.

Actually Dan Monson took them to the Elite eight and then Mark Few took over. Not mention it is John Stocktons alma mater. Sometimes there is just a spark that provides change. UF has shown that it can sustain success under different coaches. Yes some schools are dependent on the coach because the tradition has to start somewhere.

So why would Monson leave if Gonzaga was a destination school? You just shot your own theory to threads. Gonzaga doesn't pay, a requirement for most successful coaches, but obviously not all since Few is still there.

Yeah dependent on the coaches I would say 99.9% of them don't think USF basketball is a destination job.  Come on ,man.  It's USF basketball I mean I know some people wear blinders but, Geez man.

CJL thought USF football was a destination job. So USF already has had a coach who thought this was the place to be. I won't close the door to it happening again.