• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Why are many of you so skeptical of USF's ability to hire a good coach?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,590
  • Days Won:  3

I've seen quite a few posts questioning USF's ability to find a successful successor to Stan Heath. And quite frankly, I do not get it. You look at a our last 3 hires, and initially, they all looked pretty **** good.

Stan Heath was hired after 2 years of NCAAT appearences, something USF fans still dream of, and also a successful assistant stint with MSU. While clearly he did not succeed at USF, back in 2007, this looked like a quality hire.

Skip Holtz camein after 2 conference championships and 4 straight bowl appearances. I'll be honest, just about everyone around here was ecstatic with this hire. In 2009, this looked like a fantastic hire.

Willie Taggart, probably looks like our worst hire so far since McCollum. Decent success in the Sun Belt, but so far, the program seems like it has the potential to turn it around. 

And, looking at the list USF is compiling, with Steve Masiello looking to be leading. I think USF will make a good decision in the end.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I think we're looking at results. Sorry.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I've seen quite a few posts questioning USF's ability to find a successful successor to Stan Heath. And quite frankly, I do not get it. You look at a our last 3 hires, and initially, they all looked pretty **** good.

Stan Heath was hired after 2 years of NCAAT appearences, something USF fans still dream of, and also a successful assistant stint with MSU. While clearly he did not succeed at USF, back in 2007, this looked like a quality hire.

Skip Holtz camein after 2 conference championships and 4 straight bowl appearances. I'll be honest, just about everyone around here was ecstatic with this hire. In 2009, this looked like a fantastic hire.

Willie Taggart, probably looks like our worst hire so far since McCollum. Decent success in the Sun Belt, but so far, the program seems like it has the potential to turn it around. 

And, looking at the list USF is compiling, with Steve Masiello looking to be leading. I think USF will make a good decision in the end.

Its because they know all of the behind the scenes information of USF, including personal conversations and monetary information. 

They also have the ability to see the future in regards to any decision that may be made and the results of them.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think it is probably frustration. We are starving for a winner and haven't had much to cheer about in the last several years so confidence in the administration is at an all-time low.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

manhattan coach isnt leaving the bronx for tampa

that would be a big step down

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Incorrect.

That's a great place to get out of, especially for a better league and better facilities.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

manhattan coach isnt leaving the bronx for tampa

that would be a big step down

Rick Pitino disagrees......

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,187
  • Days Won:  42

Incorrect.

That's a great place to get out of, especially for a better league and better facilities.

Agreed!! If USF cant lure a coach away from the Bronx from a 1bid conference then we have more problems then I thought. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

If USF cant lure a coach away from the Bronx from a 1bid conference then we have more problems then I thought. 

This could be a legendary quote if things don't go that way.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Because the majority of the people on here woke up on the wrong side of the bed and post :roflmao: