• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timing Problems?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

It's the burial ground. Everyone's been bewitched

Boom!! This ^^^^

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I share this frustration and add that this is the first time I question Genshaft's leadership, which has been phenomenal in other areas. Really starting to look like she was the trigger man with a poorly thought out plan.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Wasn't Woolard relieved of his AD duties a couple of months ago?  I don't think he has any input into what is going on in the department at this point.  He may be on the payroll, but I doubt he has anything to do with any decision making.  My guess is he simply has an office to go to until his contract runs out.  

The only mistake i see here is original allowing Harlan to go almost a month (from the date of his hire to planned start date was about 28 days).  he should have been given a week to clear his stuff out of his office in Westwood and been working on the hire.  

I would have to imagine that the subject of letting Heath go came up in the final negotiations.  Harlan should have had a short list already in his pocket by the time he got back to LA from the press conference announcing his hire.  However, one thing he did say was that he was going to be thorough about his coaching decisions.  

I have no problem sing the search firm as that helps to understand coaches interest and still sort of begin negotiations while their teams may still be playing in either the NCAAT or NIT.

Without knowing what is going on behind the scenes or what conversations were held during the interview process it is hard to tell how the coaching search is going.  

Just because we didn't get Pearl or Williams doesn't mean there aren't ongoing conversations.  We have no choice but to be patient.  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Maybe it is just me, but I am holding on to hope that Willie Taggart will get the USF program turned around. And I am holding out hope that USF will hire a good basketball coach. Also, holding out hope that Harlan demands wins and does not let our coaches slack off and golf like Hotlz got to do. 

Holtz was golfing one time that some recruits were on campus and everyone brings it up as if Holtz problem was that he was always at the golf course.  

Can we stop being stupid?  Spurrier golfs more in a month than Holtz golfed in a year at USF, and no one at South Carolina is running him out of town.

I'm sure Taggart also golfs.  Let's focus on the relevant, not the irrelevant.

It was just an example on how Holtz didnt recruit good enough to win at USF. That is just the way it is. It is the only way you can explain how he won everywhere else, and then forgets how to coach at USF. His clock managment sucked. I dont think I know a coach that had worse clock managment skills. 

Thank you.  Those are relevant and excellent points.

Although I think he main downfall at USF was one huge mistake, Chris Cosh.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Maybe it is just me, but I am holding on to hope that Willie Taggart will get the USF program turned around. And I am holding out hope that USF will hire a good basketball coach. Also, holding out hope that Harlan demands wins and does not let our coaches slack off and golf like Hotlz got to do. 

Holtz was golfing one time that some recruits were on campus and everyone brings it up as if Holtz problem was that he was always at the golf course.  

Can we stop being stupid?  Spurrier golfs more in a month than Holtz golfed in a year at USF, and no one at South Carolina is running him out of town.

I'm sure Taggart also golfs.  Let's focus on the relevant, not the irrelevant.

Really?

You think Holtz' enter issue is that he played golf once?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

:hiccup

Happy hour hasn't hit out here yet, we're three hours behind you guys this time of year.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I share this frustration and add that this is the first time I question Genshaft's leadership, which has been phenomenal in other areas. Really starting to look like she was the trigger man with a poorly thought out plan.

Based on what? Conjecture?

tumblr_lon5josiZy1qzmr3jo1_500.jpg

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The whole AD thing has been a cluster.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

judy judy judy