• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did Va Tech or Auburn use a search firm?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,973
  • Days Won:  469

Just curious from those that have read reports, did those schools use search firms or just go hire a guy they wanted?

I'm curious, that's all.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Im thinking they just have more of the football/BCS money to throw around and don't need a search firm.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I haven't seen anything that they did...and I don't understand why they'd need to (or we do). Faculty searches, even for AD, I get. Head coaches should be AD's call, rubber stamped by President and BOT.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

Do Alabama and Virginia have the Freedom of Information Act like Florida has? I believe Texas does not have that so the media cant really request information from that firm on the candidates. Keeps USF safe from getting embarrassed by the McMuprhy types in the media when they ripped USF for getting turned down by tons of coaches. 

Doesn't answer the question, but does explain how we skirt a law, sort of like Doug and Judy not using email.

Doesn't answer the question, but does explain how we skirt a law, sort of like Doug and Judy not using email.

I just believe it is more of CYA move than anything else. They will get tons of candidates for the job and in the end. It will the decision of Harlan, Judy, and BOTs that make that choice. Just hope we make the right choice. Harlan has already said that there are tons of candidates interested in the USF job. Either he is lying or USF will have the opportunity. What is missing now is that the search firm has the information on who the candidates on lock down from the media. This is no different from how USF hired the AD. 

My sons wanted me to apply.  I'd be interested.  :)

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Harlan has already said that there are tons of candidates interested in the USF job. Either he is lying or USF will have the opportunity.

It makes me feel better knowing that we're either going to get a good coach or we're not.

Harlan has already said that there are tons of candidates interested in the USF job. Either he is lying or USF will have the opportunity.

It makes me feel better knowing that we're either going to get a good coach or we're not.

Lol. I can't to see the reaction to this board if USF completely strikes out on this hire. I hope we dont. Hope we at least hit a double or triple if we cant hit that Home Run. We are all getting too old for this losing.  

Your confidence seems to be slipping Mr. Daly.