• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Option #2 is still alive

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I didn't think USF would go out and grab somebody's (D-1 school) coach. Otherwise, why would they take the long route via hiring an agency?

I think our best hope is in USF making a decision to hire a winning coach from a small school -hopefully one that's still in the tournament.

If they go with option #3, hiring somebody's unproven assistant, my complaint will be this: you fired Stan Heath burned over a million dollars to make this hire?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I didn't think USF would go out and grab somebody's (D-1 school) coach. Otherwise, why would they take the long route via hiring an agency?

I think our best hope is in USF making a decision to hire a winning coach from a small school -hopefully one that's still in the tournament.

If they go with option #3, hiring somebody's unproven assistant, my complaint will be this: you fired Stan Heath burned over a million dollars to make this hire?

Agreed on all points. The minute we hired a search firm, big money and big names were out. If it's option 3 and not 2, we're the shittiest athletic department ever. Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

#2 is always alive in my home

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

I'm a bit confused ....Aren't all schools in the tournament D-1?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm a bit confused ....Aren't all schools in the tournament D-1?

There's no 1-A for basketball. So, yes.