• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,495
  • Days Won:  10

He just beat Cincy.  Only Crimson fans probably still in for the $1Billion...

Not so fast my friend. My bracket still perfect. I picked Harvard and Dayton for the upsets. Also have Michigan St. to beat Wichita st. in the championship. With my billion, I will be starting the OCS building fund. :GoBulls:  

"Bulldozier Stadium" has a nice ring...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

He just beat Cincy.  Only Crimson fans probably still in for the $1Billion...

Not so fast my friend. My bracket still perfect. I picked Harvard and Dayton for the upsets. Also have Michigan St. to beat Wichita st. in the championship. With my billion, I will be starting the OCS building fund. :GoBulls:  

STARTING?

My thought exactly ..... we don't need a Cowboys stadium. 3 to 400 Million should be fine.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

THEBULLSPEN.COM studium.On Jim Leavitt's Drive.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

He would be good for us; I could settle for him. But I'm hoping for someone more flashy!

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

CINCY has struggled as of late. Harvard was not the team that you want to be going through your low. Harvard is tough though. I would not want USF to match up with them as they would kick our tail right now. 

Guest PCBull14

Pass. He sucked at Michigan.

He took over Michigan at the worst possible time. The success of the program right now can be credited to him as it was in shambles before he got there. By the end of his time there the culture of winning, while now at the level they wanted, was instilled back into the program. Most importantly was the following of the rules and doing it the right way. He was a lame duck and what lame he was. Not many coaches can take over a major program in a major conference and turn it around so fast. It took him two years to get to 20 wins again. I am a Michigan fan an honestly believe his year three they overachieved. I thought it would be five year process after the sanctions.  

Who else has done it? Tom Crean and Scott Drew. Drew and Amaker by far had the tougher task. Indiana should have taken one year max to turn that thing around.  Crean is about to lose his job and he can thank himself. Sustained success comes from balancing everything. He is not doing that at Indiana and the fans won't have it. They will not take down years because you can’t balance your classes and plan for defections.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I think he's definitely better than Stan Heath.

But I'm trying to see a legit candidate who's better fit for us and I don't see one. (BTW, John Pelphrey would be a mistake. Look at his track record.)

Amaker is too quiet for my taste. We need someone who can excite the fans, too. Yes, winning helps a lot!

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

This the guy I want badly for USF. But look like he will never leave Harvard.

Agree that he would be an amazing hire. He got Harvard to the NCAAs. He took Seton Hall to four consecutive post seasons, won the NIT at Michigan. Coached under Mike krzyzewski.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

AMAKER would be a nice hire, but beating  Cincy wasn't a surprise. Yes Cincy was a 5 seed and Harvard the 12 Seed. But in the last 29 seasons  a # 12 has beaten a  # 5 in ALL but 3 years.  

Happens all the time with the 12 VS 5 SEED. 

This is something the Youngins wouldn't know about.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/24491834/infographics-ncaa-tournament-history-of-12-seeds-over-5-seeds

Edited by Dhambuc

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Regardless, I bet that in the eyes of the search committee, his stock just jumped.