• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some of us Understand. Some should learn.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

This is how it used to be, Should be.  The generation of Participation  trophies,  no one left behind, everyone wins ect.. are the new generation    Watch the short video and learn how we need to be again, 

.http://sftimes.co/?id=216&src=share_fb_new_216

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,477
  • Days Won:  422

LOL ....What does me drinking water from a hose have to do with USF Athletics?? 

This would be better suited in the MCL.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,672
  • Days Won:  108

Having been born in the 50s I related to all of that.  That part about going out at sunrise and coming home with the street lights really brought back memories.  A kid down the street had a basketball hoop in the back yard.  A couple of us would go and sit there on Sat mornings and wait for 7:30 when they would allow us to start playing.  We'd take a break to walk to the little country store, eat some Tastycakes and soda for lunch and then be there until dark.  Remember starting to shovel snow from the court in the winter time so it would be cleared by 7:30.

Hate getting old. Took my grandson to the basketball court the other day.  Touching the net seems like it would be impossible now instead of the rim.  Could only make 3 of 10 from the FT line.  Hadn't shot a ball in 3 years but still. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Here's the original video. Agree with nearly all the comments made. We used to eat dirt, and now nobody can eat a peanut? WTF?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWRdHXbTmrs

Hell, I remember riding my bicycle behind the mosquito truck, weaving in and out of the spray for blocks. For fun. And I lived

Mosquito-Truck.jpg

But what stands out to me most starkly in the choice of visuals in that video is the lack of any depictions of persons of color until the narrator starts talking about jail and police. Huge Freudian slip, IMO.

Edited by charsibb

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The generation that complains the most about participation trophies etc are the ones handing them out and that created the culture. Blame your generation for handing them out not the kids who receive them.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I love when these things are mentioned.  Of course we survived riding a bike without a helmet, riding in a car without seat belts, drinking from a hose, etc.  We're here to talk about it, but enough children didn't survive.  Obviously, they aren't here to comment.  I've survived second hand smoke (so far), but I would want to subject my kids to it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Christ, don't tell me drinking from the hose is going to kill me too. I have enough to worry about.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

The generation that complains the most about participation trophies etc are the ones handing them out and that created the culture. Blame your generation for handing them out not the kids who receive them.

QFT

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

The previous generations ruined the fun for the present ones...they also told us that hard work would put us ahead...many many people working hard for lazy bosses out there...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I blame General Motors and this guy. GM for encouraging us to move away from the extended family and out to the suburbs, and Spock for being the "accepted" resource for all the newly independent moms, freed at last from the doinion of their mothers, sisters, aunts, sisters-in-law, and mothers-in-law

Spock_160x244.jpg