• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow from the meltdown, you would think the world came to an...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,973
  • Days Won:  469

People discussing Pearl to Auburn is a meltdown?

Too much drama, you want a meltdown, go back to threads about McNeese State or when Leavitt would lose a conference game.

It wasn't a melt down. However, we have several people on here that believe that we can get any coach, recruit, etc. we want and if we don't it's a failure by USF.

I think it's a want more than a belief.

I think some folks are used to unextraordinary work and effort fron Athletics. Others want to see a bold change.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Too much drama, you want a meltdown, go back to threads about McNeese State or when Leavitt would lose a conference game.

It wasn't a melt down. However, we have several people on here that believe that we can get any coach, recruit, etc. we want and if we don't it's a failure by USF.

I think some folks are used to unextraordinary work and effort fron Athletics. Others want to see a bold change.

Or both.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Extraordinary effort would be great.

Pearl would have been a great get, but if anyone expected him to choose USF over Auburn, they need to get out of the house more.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

You're the person at work who loves hearing themselves talk when everyone else just wants you to shut up.

kettle meet stove.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

For me, it all comes down to Harlan's relationship with Ben Howland. Bruce Pearl has won, but not at the clip Howland has. Take a look at that guy's resume. He's put up great records year-in and year-out. He's the best available and his style would fit perfectly at USF. He's a defensive-minded guy and that's how USF has to win. That's how we won in 2011-12 and that's how we'll always win because we can't recruit the most skilled offensive players. They go elsewhere. Didn't shed a single tear about Bruce Pearl to Auburn, but I will if Ben Howland ends up somewhere else. Only those inside really know whether he's a viable candidate or not, but on paper, no one is even close.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You're the person at work who loves hearing themselves talk when everyone else just wants you to shut up.

kettle meet stove.

Does the stove know the pot?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

kettle meet stove.

Does the stove know the pot?

I think he smoked it

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think people around here want to see USF go for the big name that "seems" like the best choice for just once.

Does not mean it actually is the best choice. I think we just want to feel like we are playing the game at the highest level.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Why are we making excuses for USF missing out on Pearl?

This is just another example of USF dropping the ball. Auburn is going to do well. 

Hopefully, this is the last mistake. 

Pray tell, exactly how did USF drop the ball?

He wasn't even on their radar.  So sad, so absolutely true.  Not something I would have guessed but Bull Daly is right, they didn't even go there a little bit.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

Why are we making excuses for USF missing out on Pearl?

This is just another example of USF dropping the ball. Auburn is going to do well. 

Hopefully, this is the last mistake. 

Pray tell, exactly how did USF drop the ball?

He wasn't even on their radar.  So sad, so absolutely true.  Not something I would have guessed but Bull Daly is right, they didn't even go there a little bit.

Besides the very good chance that we weren't on HIS radar, what, if any, proof is there that he wasn't on ours?