• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael White Basketball coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

They owe us a good basketball coach in exchange for the wonderful football coach we gave them.

:lmao:

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982

Michael White is the guy I want USF to get if they can't pony up 2.5-3 million to get a Greg Marshall type coach. White coaches the same style of pressing style defense and fast break offense that Marshall, Pearl, and Smart does. White is just as energetic and passionate as those two coaches but he just hasn't had his chance to be seen on the highest stage. In fact it is imo that White is a better offensive mind coach then Shaka Smart. He's really a knock off to a young Bruce Pearl as a coaching mind. Factoring in the amount of money it will take to try and lure Smart, I'll gladly take White who will do just as good of a job as Smart for less money.

If it isn't a Greg Marshall(or caliber) then Michael White is the next best thing.

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Michael White is the guy I want USF to get if they can't pony up 2.5-3 million to get a Greg Marshall type coach. White coaches the same style of pressing style defense and fast break offense that Marshall, Pearl, and Smart does. White is just as energetic and passionate as those two coaches but he just hasn't had his chance to be seen on the highest stage. In fact it is imo that White is a better offensive mind coach then Shaka Smart. He's really a knock off to a young Bruce Pearl as a coaching mind. Factoring in the amount of money it will take to try and lure Smart, I'll gladly take White who will do just as good of a job as Smart for less money.

If it isn't a Greg Marshall(or caliber) then Michael White is the next best thing.

Just as good as Smart, huh? Ok, I'll add him in my mix. I'd still take Shaka first if we can get him...he's good more of a body of proof.

Just as good as Smart, huh? Ok, I'll add him in my mix. I'd still take Shaka first if we can get him...he's good more of a body of proof.

NCBULL I'm 100% confident that White can and will do a great job at USF where he would explode on the scene with the amount of talent in the Tampa-Orlando area he would be able to get. Greg Marshall is the highest of the high for me, but their is virtually nothing separating White and Smart except a couple of years ago, Smart got his breakthrough in the NCAAT and became a Hot Name.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Sounds like a good name to throw in the mix then. Which unfortunately means USF will probably ignore him...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Sounds like a good name to throw in the mix then. Which unfortunately means USF will probably ignore him...

I LOL'd

Then I cried...

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

Mike White's LA TECH team is up big on UGA in NIT 2nd Round. Game is on ESPN right now if you want get an idea of his coaching style. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

He's still coaching right now, which makes his style better than Heath.

He's still coaching right now, which makes his style better than Heath.

Pretty good low blow there

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

He would be a great hire, but will he be pursued by USF?