• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Selected to WNIT, Earn 10th Postseason Berth in 11 Years

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,328
  • Content Count:  96,952
  • Days Won:  469

USF ATHLETICS GoUSFBulls.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DATE: Mar. 17, 2014

Follow @USFWBB on Twitter

Follow @CoachJFernandez on Twitter

TAMPA, MAR 17, 2014 – The University of South Florida women’s basketball team earned its 10th postseason berth in the last 11 years, as the Bulls were selected Monday night to compete in the Women’s National Invitational Tournament.

After just missing its second NCAA Tournament bid in the last two seasons, USF was chosen added to the WNIT for the eighth time in school history. The Bulls reached the third round of the WNIT in 2011-12, and won the University of South Florida’s first-ever National Championship when USF defeated Kansas in the WNIT Finals during the 2008-09 postseason.

While the field was announced at 8:20 p.m., the bracket is not expected to be finished until after 11 p.m. GoUSFBulls.com will update this story as the night progresses and more information becomes available.

Head Coach Jose Fernandez’ statement regarding NCAA Tournament Field

“I told our kids after our conference tournament that we were going to take some time off for spring break, then come back and practice, and that’s what we did this past week.”

“I’ve been in that mock selection room before, and I know that 10-person committee works extremely hard, and there are a lot of things they look at. We did everything we could in January, February and March, and I guess it wasn’t enough. We’ll have to move on. Like I told my team, these are the kinds of things life is going to throw at you. It’s going to happen once they leave USF, and how they handle it is what is going to matter. We’ll move on, and come back and be ready to practice, and still play basketball. That’s all we can do.”

- #GoBulls -

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,455
  • Days Won:  19

Not just 10th Postseason trip in 11 years .... but those 10 postseason trips represent all trips to the postseason in the history of our university. 

What I am saying ..... we had never been to the postseason, ever, just 11 years ago. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Ladies showing up the men this year for sure. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

USF ATHLETICS GoUSFBulls.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DATE: Mar. 17, 2014

Follow @USFWBB on Twitter

Follow @CoachJFernandez on Twitter

TAMPA, MAR 17, 2014 – The University of South Florida women’s basketball team earned its 10th postseason berth in the last 11 years, as the Bulls were selected Monday night to compete in the Women’s National Invitational Tournament.

After just missing its second NCAA Tournament bid in the last two seasons, USF was chosen added to the WNIT for the eighth time in school history. The Bulls reached the third round of the WNIT in 2011-12, and won the University of South Florida’s first-ever National Championship when USF defeated Kansas in the WNIT Finals during the 2008-09 postseason.

While the field was announced at 8:20 p.m., the bracket is not expected to be finished until after 11 p.m. GoUSFBulls.com will update this story as the night progresses and more information becomes available.

Head Coach Jose Fernandez’ statement regarding NCAA Tournament Field

“I told our kids after our conference tournament that we were going to take some time off for spring break, then come back and practice, and that’s what we did this past week.â€

“I’ve been in that mock selection room before, and I know that 10-person committee works extremely hard, and there are a lot of things they look at. We did everything we could in January, February and March, and I guess it wasn’t enough. We’ll have to move on. Like I told my team, these are the kinds of things life is going to throw at you. It’s going to happen once they leave USF, and how they handle it is what is going to matter. We’ll move on, and come back and be ready to practice, and still play basketball. That’s all we can do.â€

- #GoBulls -

1. USF needs a proof-reader. Harlan should institute a rule that EVERY official written statement go through this person for the next 12 months.

2. Much as I love the accomplishment, we won an NIT Championship, NOT a National Championship. Claiming it is one just makes us look silly.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Not just 10th Postseason trip in 11 years .... but those 10 postseason trips represent all trips to the postseason in the history of our university. 

What I am saying ..... we had never been to the postseason, ever, just 11 years ago. 

USF's.Best.Coach.Ever

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

What seed are we?

We have a good chance to make a deep run.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

Cop out by the NCAA selection committee on USF. They point to USF being 0-for-8 against Top 50 RPI, but not that FIVE of those games were against not just Top 50 RPI, but Top EIGHT RPI, and seven were against Top 20 RPI. The eighth was Oklahoma State (29 RPI). Dig a little deeper. Isn't that the committee's job? 

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Cop out by the NCAA selection committee on USF. They point to USF being 0-for-8 against Top 50 RPI, but not that FIVE of those games were against not just Top 50 RPI, but Top EIGHT RPI, and seven were against Top 20 RPI. The eighth was Oklahoma State (29 RPI). Dig a little deeper. Isn't that the committee's job?

I'm not a women's basketball fan but someone pointed out elsewhere we had a RPI of 60 and no top 50 wins. If a men's team had that resume they wouldn't be dancing...

• Topic Count:  423
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Wish it was the NCAA Tourny but hey, its still the post season and we should win this thing.