• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ben Howland

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Bring in Howland if he gets Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook to finish up their degrees at USF. I think they both have a couple years of eligibility left.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

unlikely howland would come unless ad and him got along at ucla

usf needs a big name coach

most dont know those 3 from duke

Actually somewhat agree with smazza on this. Those 3 don't create anywhere the buzz a Pearl or Howland would ... Go for a name, that has the X&O's, first. If can't entice one, go for the X&O's and if one of those 3 fit, fine.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I would love Howland as a hire. Btw, the wording on if he finds a job should be sop from here on out at USF

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Howland equals more boring offensive basketball. This program needs a jolt in the arm, not more root canal basketball.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Howland equals more boring offensive basketball. This program needs a jolt in the arm, not more root canal basketball.

Final Four's are not boring. I don't give a **** what kind of offense/defense a coach has, it's all about the W's ... You want a jolt, become a GlobeHead

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Final Four's are not boring. I don't give a **** what kind of offense/defense a coach has, it's all about the W's ... You want a jolt, become a GlobeHead

+1, I personally don't care how they win, as long as they do win.  

Guest PCBull14

If bulliever's posted article is true, imagine a talented guy like Howland would let Harlan be his boss again.

I can't see Howland as our coach.

A duke alumnus like capel, Snyder or Dawkins would get us buzz.

Howland is a no. If you can't win at UCLA then I don't know to tell you. 70% of his time at UCLA was far under that programs standards. USF is no UCLA and that guy was awful there down the stretch.

Capel is a no. You get in the tournament and a have a couple wins and then have two losing seaons. Remind you of anyone?

We need someone who can sustain sucess. Someone who can build a program not just a team. Some one smart enough to plan ahead and get class sizes set up to win every year.

Edited by PCBull14

Guest PCBull14

He got lucky on the recruiting trail. The true Ben Howland can be seen in his final 5 seasons at UCLA. 2-3 in the NCAA tourney and two seasons with no showings and one of those years being a losing seaon. If thats the results he got at UCLA what is five down yers at USF going to look like  for him?

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

If bulliever's posted article is true, imagine a talented guy like Howland would let Harlan be his boss again.

Howland is a no. If you can't win at UCLA then I don't know to tell you. 70% of his time at UCLA was far under that programs standards. USF is no UCLA and that guy was awful there down the stretch.

Capel is a no. You get in the tournament and a have a couple wins and then have two losing seaons. Remind you of anyone?

We need someone who can sustain sucess. Someone who can program not just a team. Some one smart enought to plan ahead and get class sizes set up to win every year.

Yep, Bruce Pearl and Buzz Williams are the ones that stack up well against that criteria.

Guest PCBull14

We need someone who can sustain sucess. Someone who can program not just a team. Some one smart enought to plan ahead and get class sizes set up to win every year.

Yep, Bruce Pearl and Buzz Williams are the ones that stack up well against that criteria.

Proof reading is a wonderful thing right? Glad you understood my broken engerish lol :lmao: