• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF should hire Al Skinner???

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Major conference?  Maybe this season due to numbers, not next season.

We aren't talking about football.  In the landscape of DI basketball there are a lot more conferences and the AAC is far above most, even with Louisville moving on.

Well if that is the measurement, sure, there are a lot of conferences. :)  But I doubt you see the AAC referred to as "major" by real basketball people/reporters.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Major conference?  Maybe this season due to numbers, not next season.

We aren't talking about football.  In the landscape of DI basketball there are a lot more conferences and the AAC is far above most, even with Louisville moving on.

Well if that is the measurement, sure, there are a lot of conferences. :)  But I doubt you see the AAC referred to as "major" by real basketball people/reporters.  

Here's a list of the Top 25 basketball teams from mid-Major conferences this year.  Louisville is Top 5 in the nation in every poll, yet not on a mid-Major list.  I guess there is at least one other reporter that disagrees with you.   :)

http://www.collegeinsider.com/mens-mid-major-top-25.php

Of course, maybe this publication does rater as "reai" either.

Oops, or this one:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1973554-ranking-the-10-most-dangerous-mid-majors-in-college-basketball-right-now

Still looking, but I haven't found an AAC school in anyone's mid-major list yet. 

Does NBC Sports have real reporters?   No AAC teams here either.  

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/09/nbcsports-coms-2013-2014-mid-major-power-rankings/

In basketball, major conferences are generally considered those that send multiple teams to the tourney.

I know better than to follow those links, but tell me, are they referring to the AAC as a major conference or are you just using your clunky inference capabilities?

I know better than to follow those links, but tell me, are they referring to the AAC as a major conference or are you just using your clunky inference capabilities?

:facepalm:

Since you don't want to actually follow a link. 

Sports Illustrated - Bubble madness arrives for hopefuls in major conference tournaments

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20140313/bubble-watch-bracket-watch-march-13/#ixzz2w5o81qj2

American

LOCKS: Louisville, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Memphis, SMU

There is debate in some corners as to SMU's worthiness as a lock, but you won't find that here. The Mustangs have four top-30 wins, an RPI of 45 and a KenPom rating of 26. Losses to Louisville and Memphis in the final week of the regular season may have marginally damaged their seeding but didn't jeopardize their spot in the field.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20140313/bubble-watch-bracket-watch-march-13/#ixzz2w5oH1DN9

If that's the definition, we might be the worst top to bottom major conference out there next year.  

I just don´t feel like it's that good of a league to deserve "major" status, but if that's it we should take it.

Gee ShadowBull thanks for pointing that out

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Meh, I don't like it.  Need someone splashier to draw donors and fans back.  I'm sure like Stan, he's a very nice guy but we need someone on a higher level.

The only splashy hire that might draw donors and fans back immediately (and is realistically available), based on name recognition is Pearl .... maybe Howland. Beyond that, whoever is doing this hiring needs to make the best guess estimate on a coach that can come in and win consistently for a few years with what's Stan's left him to hopefully get the interest back in the program that's been missing for decades ...