• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Paying Ex-Coaches

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

Why are so many complaining on what we are paying ex-coaches?  Every coach that has been fired (other than for cause) has had some kind of buy out in their contract.  I'm sure Leavitt and Cosh are off the books or will be soon.

I don't know of any coach that just had his contract run out.  Coaches need several years on their contract or it would negatively impact recruiting.

What's worse is what we got when paying them to be here, Holtz especially.  Paying the salaries now does not bother me since AD leadership is changing.  We will no longer be hopelessly dispensing cash thinking that´s the key.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,606
  • Days Won:  51

Adidas paid Meatchicken a $6.5million signing bonus plus $6million per year just to wear their crapp. If we had a good season or 2 and could get even 1/3 of a deal like that our problems would be solved.

Dude you're always comparing us to elite programs like this (if my translation is right and you meant Michigan). How would 1 or 2 good seasons land us a deal like them? I don't get your optimism on that sort of thing.

Dude, read my words.... I said if we could get even 1/3 of that type of deal. Tons of other schools collect between 2-3 million per year from the uniform sponsors

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

Adidas paid Meatchicken a $6.5million signing bonus plus $6million per year just to wear their crapp. If we had a good season or 2 and could get even 1/3 of a deal like that our problems would be solved.

Dude you're always comparing us to elite programs like this (if my translation is right and you meant Michigan). How would 1 or 2 good seasons land us a deal like them? I don't get your optimism on that sort of thing.

Dude, read my words.... I said if we could get even 1/3 of that type of deal. Tons of other schools collect between 2-3 million per year from the uniform sponsors

You have both used the word "Dude" inappropriately ....

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

UA is paying us $4.22-million in cash, $7.17-million in product and another $1.08-million in advertising during USF broadcasts from 2013-2018, so we're one of those schools getting between $2-$3 million per year from our uniform sponsor.

Your wish has been granted. Be sure to thank DW next time you see him.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Don't confuse wanting to have teams that compete and actually win with wanting to have coaches Fired.  Unfort coaches who don't produce (Win) need to be fired.   If they win and produce than they can stay.  Simple. I don't think anyone or most want people fired just to have them fired. Some expect results and performance.

Some USF  fans needs to stop the Participation Trophy mentality.  Apparently Judy and those with clout have finally decided this to be the case as well as evident by the recent events (Doug being  relieved of his duties, Skip and Stan being fired, and soon to be Prado if he doesn't turn it around this year).  Fernandez and  Erikson are the only ones that are really safe for the most part currently. Participation Mentality wont pay the bills too long, Not sustainable.

The direction of the Athletic Program is good. The culture is changing to Win/Produce /Compete on a regular basis or start looking for another job. (Great thing BTW). This will have a positive effect as well as see a spike in Donations and Season ticket sales in the near future.

No different here than in most other professions. There are measurable goals that need to be met.   Coaches are evaluated on WIN'S losses most importantly,, and some other factors like Graduation rates, running clean programs, and keeping fan interest and support (thru ticket sales ect..)  

Some on here think that just because a coach is a "Nice Guy" is enough to keep him employed.   Glad Those higher up's at USF don't see it that way and are now DEMANDING  Excellence..  

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,606
  • Days Won:  51

UA is paying us $4.22-million in cash, $7.17-million in product and another $1.08-million in advertising during USF broadcasts from 2013-2018, so we're one of those schools getting between $2-$3 million per year from our uniform sponsor.

Your wish has been granted. Be sure to thank DW next time you see him.

$4.2 divided over 5 years doesn't seem like $3million per year in PAID.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So this is that thing Trip was talking about where the dog wouldn't know what to do if he actually caught a car?

Go look up the Michigan contract so you can see that the numbers you're using as cash in Michigan's pocket actually includes apparel amounts.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/01/study_michigans_apparel_contra.html

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

The direction of the Athletic Program is good. The culture is changing to Win/Produce /Compete on a regular basis or start looking for another job. (Great thing BTW). This will have a positive effect as well as see a spike in Donations and Season ticket sales in the near future.

No different here than in most other professions. There are measurable goals that need to be met.   Coaches are evaluated on WIN'S losses most importantly,, and some other factors like Graduation rates, running clean programs, and keeping fan interest and support (thru ticket sales ect..)  

Some on here think that just because a coach is a "Nice Guy" is enough to keep him employed.   Glad Those higher up's at USF don't see it that way and are now DEMANDING  Excellence..  

I think the hugs and smiles was Judy and Doug's reaction to their mishandling of the Leavitt situation.  They sacrificed a winning attitude for hugs and trophies.  It was important for them not to get any on them.  That soccer mom feeling was inculcated into the the program.  Now, as interest and monies decrease, it's  time for seperation and a new message.  All of a sudden, winning will matter again.   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

I think the hugs and smiles was Judy and Doug's reaction to their mishandling of the Leavitt situation.  They sacrificed a winning attitude for hugs and trophies.  It was important for them not to get any on them.  That soccer mom feeling was inculcated into the the program.  Now, as interest and monies decrease, it's  time for seperation and a new message.  All of a sudden, winning will matter again.   

Agree ^ 

The smile of a Politician,  Works for so long than people open their eyes and see it doesn't produce results(Money, donations ticket sales).  Winning fixes that.   (Participation only does not).

Judy is a smart women and knows about money so she will get us on track.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

Agree ^ 

The smile of a Politician,  Works for so long than people open their eyes and see it doesn't produce results(Money, donations ticket sales).  Winning fixes that.   (Participation only does not).

Judy is a smart women and knows about money so she will get us on track.

And dont forget about competition from the EAST. UCF's rise may have been good for one thing. It has lighted a spark with the whole USF athletics department. No more settling for less when we know that UCF has been kicking USF's tail lately. That is just the facts. Judy and the boosters are not stupid, they know that they must get USF back on top of UCF soon.  When the time comes for another round of conference realignment, USF cant be caught with their pants down like they were before. So here comes the new team of leaders at USF. It was time for a change. GO BULLS!!