• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some days its hard to write a check to the Bulls Club.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

Bull Daly, who are these boosters you often blame?

Secondly, please stop misspelling censored words in order to bypass filter.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Safe to say he is prob referring to those with DEEP pockets who were buddy buddy with Doug on a personal level. Not the average Booster/ donors like many on here.

Edited by Dhambuc

In the spirit of accountability, I ask who? Or are these boosters just shadowy figures we don't know?

I know the "boosters" that led the effort to run Greenberg out. It's not hard to know if you are really in the know.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

Safe to say he is prob referring to those with DEEP pockets who were buddy buddy with Doug on a personal level. Not the average Booster/ donors like many on here.

BINGO!!! I need to seperate the average boosters like myself from the big time deep pocket boosters. The ones that are on the BOT. The one that are my boss so I cant go too much farther than that or I could lose my job. But I will not put blame on the big time boosters because they want to win. Leavitt getting canned had more to do about winning instead of what happened in that locker room. The big time boosters that I work for are tired of losing. They are not losers and they will spend until we get a winner at USF. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,474
  • Days Won:  422

In the spirit of accountability, I ask who? Or are these boosters just shadowy figures we don't know?

I know the "boosters" that led the effort to run Greenberg out. It's not hard to know if you are really in the know.

Was running him out to an ACC school part of the plan?

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

Anyone remember the rumors about Huggins interested in the USF job after Greenberg left?? There was a rumor that some renegade boosters were trying to get Huggins hire at USF. It was all over the place. It took Mike Charles to call in to media outlets and let everyone know that the rumors were false. He went on to say that hiring a coach like Huggins would go against everything that USF stood for. To me that tells it all that Pearl wont be at USF. Unless USF gets some renegade boosters that can overthrow big time boosters such as Mr Ramil, Mr Charles, Mr Gillette, etc. it wont ever happend. USF believes in ethics. And I am proud of that to tell you the truth. We have not caved into the cheat to win like many other schools do. 

Ha, no. But that's not the point.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  19

Anyone remember the rumors about Huggins interested in the USF job after Greenberg left?? There was a rumor that some renegade boosters were trying to get Huggins hire at USF. It was all over the place. It took Mike Charles to call in to media outlets and let everyone know that the rumors were false. He went on to say that hiring a coach like Huggins would go against everything that USF stood for. To me that tells it all that Pearl wont be at USF. Unless USF gets some renegade boosters that can overthrow big time boosters such as Mr Ramil, Mr Charles, Mr Gillette, etc. it wont ever happend. USF believes in ethics. And I am proud of that to tell you the truth. We have not caved into the cheat to win like many other schools do. 

Your timeline is wrong. Huggins was happily at UC when Greenie left. He was run from UC during the McCollum era, there was pressure to fire McCollum 1 year earlier than we did to make a run at Huggins. Lot of smoke, but I'm not sure there was ever any fire. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  19

One thing that I think Brad is referring to, and most really don't understand. 

When we talk about Boosters who matter when it comes to making major decisions about USF going forward, most fans have no idea of who really matters when it comes to influencing big decisions. 

It is usually not the most visible donors. It often aren't the ones on the Bulls Club board. It also isn't always the one who have given the most. 

It is the ones who have the potential to give the most (not counting what they either already gave or have made a commitment to give.)

Please don't take this the wrong way. What you have given in the past matters, and you have a voice. But your voice will not impact major decisions going forward unless you have the potential to give an additional gift of at least $1 million on top of what you have already given or committed to give. 

Edited by Mike Stuben

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

One thing that I think Brad is referring to, and most really don't understand. 

When we talk about Boosters who matter when it comes to making major decisions about USF going forward, most fans have no idea of who really matters when it comes to influencing big decisions. 

It is usually not the most visible donors. It often aren't the ones on the Bulls Club board. It also isn't always the one who have given the most. 

It is the ones who have the potential to give the most (not counting what they either already gave or have made a commitment to give.)

Please don't take this the wrong way. What you have given in the past matters, and you have a voice. But your voice will not impact major decisions going forward unless you have the potential to give an additional gift of at least $1 million on top of what you have already given or committed to give. 

Kind of off-topic, but you mentioned the $1m figure and got me thinking.

I'm assuming you're referring to a $1m one-time gift, rather than an annuity of $1m per year.  But all such large gifts need to be converted into annuities.  Do you happen to know the discount rate USF applies to its modeling of such gifts? 2%? 5%? Back in the day, when interest rates were high and the wall street bulls were in charge, you could have used 10 or 15%, but unlikely now. Any insights? Thanks!