• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some days its hard to write a check to the Bulls Club.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

The 7 or so million can be made up by recrafting this program into a winner. Simple as that.

Shoot, if we start winning the money we could get from a new negotiated Under Armour or Nike deal could cover that chump change in one season

Ironically, the money we got from being LOSERS will pay for that...remember the buyout money we collected? Somewhere north of $25mil, right? Let's hope we have that in an interest-bearing account and are paying these guys off with that lighter financial impact. And then dip into the capital for a big name hire.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

I understand the sentiment however I would have a tougher time writing my check knowing the administration was OK with how poorly our teams had been performing. I see my donation as part of a change...hopefully for the better.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

judy and doug should have been fired long ago

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Judy gets a pass, She knows how to run a University, bring in Research dollars ect.... But Doug should had been fired years ago.   Doug was the CEO of the Athletic Dept and  failed big-time. Unfort he wormed himself into a great contract( like most CEO's do).

Judy could/ should be held responsible for not firing Doug sooner (but at least she is fixing the problem now) If she repeats this crap in the future than she needs to go.  BTW Most Presidents know little about running athletic Programs and rely heavily on their AD to act independently as the CEO on that side.

Judy is a smart women,  I doubt she allows history to repeat itself. If so than she needs to go. But for Now Judy should get a pass.

As for the donation, USF needs the money now more than ever. Continue the support and be thankful that they are actually fixing the mess and not going the status quo.  Had they Not made these changes (Doug, Stan and Skip) Than I would consider not donating and buying tickets.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

As we hear of the rumblings going on that USF will go after some big name coaches, it should hopefully encourage all of us. When USF starts to win then it will make it all that easier to write those checks. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

At risk of sounding like a sucker, I am inspired to increase my donation.  

It appears the Doug and Judy experiment is over.  While it will be hard to forget the downward spiral of the last few years, it's hopefully a new day.  The only discouraging move is keeping Doug on at full pay after this mess.  It shows that Judy, the big cahuna, is part of the problem.

I'm willing to overlook that and trust that Harlan has control of the Department and will bring a committment to excellence.  I hope he is allowed to run the program and also is held accountable - no job for life at USF.  

It appears the Doug and Judy experiment is over.  While it will be hard to forget the downward spiral of the last few years, it's hopefully a new day.  The only discouraging move is keeping Doug on at full pay after this mess.  It shows that Judy, the big cahuna, is part of the problem.

I'm willing to overlook that and trust that Harlan has control of the Department and will bring a committment to excellence.  I hope he is allowed to run the program and also is held accountable - no job for life at USF.  

YOU ARE BACK!!!!!!!!! Glad that you are back!!! USF needs all the support we can get right now!!!!  Critical times for us in that we need to start winning big. You realise that USF had no big wins that you could look back to the past year and it hits hard. Now we need to start winning. 

YOU ARE BACK!!!!!!!!! Glad that you are back!!! USF needs all the support we can get right now!!!!  Critical times for us in that we need to start winning big. You realise that USF had no big wins that you could look back to the past year and it hits hard. Now we need to start winning. 

I never left.  I continue to donate and buy tickets I can not use or sell.  

I am inspired that Doug and Judy are out. I'm glad Judy realized FINALLY there is a problem.  

I'm glad that we have displayed concern over the pathetic place our program has been taken.  Judy has seen the light (and maybe the absence of money and fans).

The fact that we are making an effort to root out the problems and are communicating the obvious value and importance of our revenue sports  motivates me further.

My money is not the issue.  It's the vast number of people that have left and neither care nor believe USF is to be taken seriously.

I never left.  I continue to donate and buy tickets I can not use or sell.  

I am inspired that Doug and Judy are out. I'm glad Judy realized FINALLY there is a problem.  

I'm glad that we have displayed concern over the pathetic place our program has been taken.  Judy has seen the light (and maybe the absence of money and fans).

The fact that we are making an effort to root out the problems and are communicating the obvious value and importance of our revenue sports  motivates me further.

My money is not the issue.  It's the vast number of people that have left and neither care nor believe USF is to be taken seriously.

I know you never left, but you are BACK to being more hyped up about USF than before. Believe me, I was low on USF during the Holtz New Era then I was awakend with hope when Doug Woolard fired Holtz. That right there made me realise that the Admin ( Judy & Doug at the time) were all about winning. So I got hyped up then. Even came back to this board to post my outspoken crazy takes. It has been fun to feel like I felt about USF since the Leavitt days.  Glad it took the hoops coaching getting fired to bring you back!! WELCOME BACK!!! 

^^^

:roflmao:

Sorry, I'm not more hyped up.  Not hyped at all.  I'm cautiously optimistic though.  

I might be more hyped up if I believed some of the stuff you believe.  

I'm glad Doug is gone ... in another year plus.  I hold him responsible, in part, for this mess - you don't.  I am encouraged Judy pulled his AD card and got someone new.  I just hope Harlan is not a Judy dupe a year from now.  Doug's semi-demise is the source of my hope.  And yeah, Doug is a nice guy.  He just failed.