• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Short list of candidates...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Mark Harlan â€@MarkHarlanUSF 22h

Speaking of hoops, we are off and running to find a great leader for our program. Great places attract great people...more to come

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Does ex-scumbag mean he used to be but isn't now?

I'd like him to be rehabilitated and with us! Won't happen though
I will happily give Pearl the chance at redemption.
And he will get that chance at Auburn. Stay tuned. I project the train will wreck in a few years at Auburn with Pearl. And of course he will win big before that happens and we will have to sit here and read all the USF fans crying over the Bulls for not hiring him. It is too easy to predict.
So predict away. Tell me what Pearl is going to do.
Already did. He will get an SEC job. Win big. USF fans will be crying and saying I told you so. Pearl will get that SEC school in trouble and be fired years later. That is just who he is. He wont change.
Just like Jim Leavitt has been hitting players and lying about it to the NFL the last few years? Some guys never change.

LOL. I'd like to see Leavitt try and grap one of those players by the jersey the way he used to do with the college kids.  That wouldn't end well for Leavitt.

Speaking of hoops, we are off and running to find a great leader for our program. Great places attract great people...more to come

So who will we be able to attract?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Billy Donovan?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

That's not how this works. You have to Tweet back to him to get him to respond.

From a personal perspective, not thrilled that he's one that uses the Devil's tool for mundane stuff like this ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,449
  • Days Won:  13

Does ex-scumbag mean he used to be but isn't now?

I'd like him to be rehabilitated and with us! Won't happen though
I will happily give Pearl the chance at redemption.
And he will get that chance at Auburn. Stay tuned. I project the train will wreck in a few years at Auburn with Pearl. And of course he will win big before that happens and we will have to sit here and read all the USF fans crying over the Bulls for not hiring him. It is too easy to predict.
So predict away. Tell me what Pearl is going to do.
Already did. He will get an SEC job. Win big. USF fans will be crying and saying I told you so. Pearl will get that SEC school in trouble and be fired years later. That is just who he is. He wont change.
Just like Jim Leavitt has been hitting players and lying about it to the NFL the last few years? Some guys never change.

Now that never happened. A slap is not a hit in my book. Sorry. 

Your hero Jimbo was not fired for the slap, IT WAS THE COVER UP. The same reason u feel Pearl is a scumbag.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,449
  • Days Won:  13

So as you can see, the case is closed for Pearl. I know you love him, but he is not USF material.

You said the BBQ incident wasn't your problem with him. So you hate him because of secondary recruiting violations?
Umm, are you forgetting how he was a rat when he was at Iowa? Go ask Big Ten country how they feel about Pearl. I am sorry, but this is an argument that you just cant win.
It's not my argument to win. I have no say in the matter. Just think it's a shade hypocritical to give criminals a second chance on our football team but not a guy who made some phone calls on the wrong date and hosted a kid at a BBQ that's since been removed as an ncaa violation.

Pearl had moer than a second chance. And Auburn will give him yet another chance because they dont care about ethics. A match made in heaven. Glad USF does not operate that as our big time boosters wont tolerate it. I am proud of USF. 

I wish we had a program like Auburn. Those National Titles really are bad for a program.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

According to Joey Johnston, we're going with a search firm.

Probably means we are looking into trying to poach a sitting coach and it will be a thorough search.

According to Joey Johnston, we're going with a search firm.

Probably means we are looking into trying to poach a sitting coach and it will be a thorough search.

Search firms are CYA.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Just kind of curious...taking out the obvious UCF bias. If we could have had a coach in any of our sports with a similar tainted background as O'leary and had the results that has had (conference titles, BCS bowl game victory or NCAA tourney runs) would you be happy take a chance on a guy like that?