• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Short list of candidates...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Go Big or Go  home.   Go after Van Gundy,  Phil Jackson  type coaches.   

If we have to look to the college ranks, look at someone with Duke Ties like Steve Wojo or snag a BE coach like Jay Wright.

USF is a great Gig,  great Location, in a good conference. Lots to do in spare time like golf,   No pressure to win, (not until lately hopefully).   So come in compete and get us to the Dance and all is good. Would be great Gig for a coach wanting to relax and close to retirement, or some Young Gun wanting to make a name for himself.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So as you can see, the case is closed for Pearl. I know you love him, but he is not USF material.

You said the BBQ incident wasn't your problem with him. So you hate him because of secondary recruiting violations?

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

So as you can see, the case is closed for Pearl. I know you love him, but he is not USF material.

You said the BBQ incident wasn't your problem with him. So you hate him because of secondary recruiting violations?

Umm, are you forgetting how he was a rat when he was at Iowa? Go ask Big Ten country how they feel about Pearl.  I am sorry, but this is an argument that you just cant win. 

If we have to look to the college ranks, look at someone with Duke Ties like Steve Wojo or snag a BE coach like Jay Wright.

USF is a great Gig,  great Location, in a good conference. Lots to do in spare time like golf,   No pressure to win, (not until lately hopefully).   So come in compete and get us to the Dance and all is good. Would be great Gig for a coach wanting to relax and close to retirement, or some Young Gun wanting to make a name for himself.

All this is true. But I blame Woolard for not getting on Holtz because of the golf in Florida. Woolard should have busted Holtz's chops more about recruiting. I say that the AD does not draw up the X's and O's but I hope Harlan rides these coaches to win!!! Not play golf most of the time. 

Umm, are you forgetting how he was a rat when he was at Iowa? Go ask Big Ten country how they feel about Pearl. I am sorry, but this is an argument that you just cant win.
It's not my argument to win. I have no say in the matter. Just think it's a shade hypocritical to give criminals a second chance on our football team but not a guy who made some phone calls on the wrong date and hosted a kid at a BBQ that's since been removed as an ncaa violation. Edited by JTrue

Umm, are you forgetting how he was a rat when he was at Iowa? Go ask Big Ten country how they feel about Pearl. I am sorry, but this is an argument that you just cant win.
It's not my argument to win. I have no say in the matter. Just think it's a shade hypocritical to give criminals a second chance on our football team but not a guy who made some phone calls on the wrong date and hosted a kid at a BBQ that's since been removed as an ncaa violation.

Pearl had moer than a second chance. And Auburn will give him yet another chance because they dont care about ethics. A match made in heaven. Glad USF does not operate that as our big time boosters wont tolerate it. I am proud of USF. 

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

All this is true. But I blame Woolard for not getting on Holtz because of the golf in Florida. Woolard should have busted Holtz's chops more about recruiting. I say that the AD does not draw up the X's and O's but I hope Harlan rides these coaches to win!!! Not play golf most of the time. 

Funny you should say this.  During Skips time here , USF had an event on campus with the best High School athletes on campus for something(believe it was a camp or some 7 on 7 thing) and Skip wasn't there making the rounds, he was out West playing in a Charity golf tournament.   I was one of many who were vocal and thought Skip missed an opportunity to mingle and meet some of these kids and build some ties and snag some recruits.  Skip defended not being here saying he previously committed to playing golf.   

http://thebullspen.com/index.php/topic/85777-skip-golfing-over-slingnshoot/

Edited by Dhambuc

Go Big or Go home. Go after Van Gundy, Phil Jackson type coaches.

USF is a great Gig, great Location, in a good conference. Lots to do in spare time like golf, No pressure to win, (not until lately hopefully). So come in compete and get us to the Dance and all is good. Would be great Gig for a coach wanting to relax and close to retirement, or some Young Gun wanting to make a name for himself.

Funny you should say this. During Skips time here , USF has an event on campus with the best High School athletes on campus for something(believe it was a camp) and Skip wasn't there making the rounds, he was out West playing in a Charity golf tournament. I was one of many who were vocal and thought Skip missed an opportunity to mingle and meet some of these kids and build some ties.
Daly loved the move. USF puts charity right up there with ethics. It's also why he's such a supporter of women's cross country and title ix. Edited by JTrue

Funny you should say this.  During Skips time here , USF has an event on campus with the best High School athletes on campus for something(believe it was a camp) and Skip wasn't there making the rounds, he was out West playing in a Charity golf tournament.   I was one of many who were vocal and thought Skip missed an opportunity to mingle and meet some of these kids and build some ties.  

YES!!! This is an example on why the USF program when down the dumps. I am fair and I put blame on Woolard for allowing these things to happen.  So I am hoping Harlan rides our coaches to make sure they are doing all they can to make USF a winner. I have faith in CWT as he has been kicked tail in recruiting. And to be fair, Heath recruited well. It was always hard to bring in good basketball players but Heath changed that. The next coach needs to carry that momentum.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

Name one.

As you can see, Pearl is not USF material.
So you can't name one. You cut the Wikipedia article out where it says "additional" but you don't actually know what they are.
Go ahead and Google it up if you dont believe it. The bottom line is that USF is not interested in Pearl. That is all I can say.
Name one. Seriously. You hate the guy, you should be able to do it from the top of your head.

He lied to Tenn. That is bad enough

And Pittino lied

And J Calhoun lied

And B. Knight lied

If you want saints go to church.  IF you want wins hire B Pearl