• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Short list of candidates...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,191
  • Days Won:  42

Does ex-scumbag mean he used to be but isn't now?

I'd like him to be rehabilitated and with us! Won't happen though
I will happily give Pearl the chance at redemption.
And he will get that chance at Auburn. Stay tuned. I project the train will wreck in a few years at Auburn with Pearl. And of course he will win big before that happens and we will have to sit here and read all the USF fans crying over the Bulls for not hiring him. It is too easy to predict.

So predict away. Tell me what Pearl is going to do.

Already did. He will get an SEC job. Win big. USF fans will be crying and saying I told you so. Pearl will get that SEC school in trouble and be fired years later. That is just who he is. He wont change. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

And he will get that chance at Auburn. Stay tuned. I project the train will wreck in a few years at Auburn with Pearl. And of course he will win big before that happens and we will have to sit here and read all the USF fans crying over the Bulls for not hiring him. It is too easy to predict.

Already did. He will get an SEC job. Win big. USF fans will be crying and saying I told you so. Pearl will get that SEC school in trouble and be fired years later. That is just who he is. He wont change.
Just like Jim Leavitt has been hitting players and lying about it to the NFL the last few years? Some guys never change. Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I thought public universities were the social incubators for redemption and rehabilitation.

We are not THE Ohio State

That's for sure lol

Just like Jim Leavitt has been hitting players and lying about it to the NFL the last few years? Some guys never change.

Now that never happened. A slap is not a hit in my book. Sorry. 

Just like Jim Leavitt has been hitting players and lying about it to the NFL the last few years? Some guys never change.

And a BBQ is neither.

And a BBQ is neither.

It was more of the other violations that happened at Tenn after the BBQ incident that got Pearl fired. He just could not help it. Had no control. So Tenn said bye bye!! 

Name one.

In the summer of 2008, Pearl invited high school junior Aaron Craft and members of his family to a cookout at his Knoxville home while Craft was on an unofficial visit to Tennessee. At the cookout, Pearl said that Craft wasn't allowed to be there under NCAA rules, but encouraged all those in attendance not to tell anyone about it. When the NCAA began an investigation of the affair, Pearl not only lied about the cookout, but also told Craft's father to lie as well.[9]

On September 10, 2010, Pearl acknowledged the violations in the Craft affair, and also admitted lying about it to the NCAA. As a result, Tennessee imposed sanctions on Pearl and his entire staff including $1.5 million in salary reduction over the coming five years and a delayed retention bonus. His off-campus recruiting was also restricted completely from September 4, 2010 to September 23, 2011.[10] On November 20, 2010, the SEC ordered Pearl to sit out Tennessee's first eight SEC games.[11]

After finding out about additional NCAA violations, as well as a violation of the school's substance abuse policy by a player, Tennessee fired Pearl on March 21, 2011--three days after the Vols' blowout loss to Michigan.[12][13][14] On August 23, 2011, Pearl was given a three-year show-cause penalty for lying to the NCAA, effective until August 23, 2014. This means that the sanctions imposed on Pearl will remain in force if he is hired by an NCAA member school within that period. Specifically, he is prohibited from engaging in any "recruiting activities", which means he cannot contact recruits, although he may evaluate talent during that period. If a school does choose to hire him and chooses to challenge the NCAA restrictions, it must appear before the NCAA Committee on Infractions and "show cause" for why the sanctions imposed on Pearl should not follow him to that school.[9] In imposing the penalty, the NCAA said that Pearl's lies turned what would have been a minor case into a major one.[15] Since most schools will not even consider hiring a coach with a show-cause order in effect, it will likely have the effect of blackballing Pearl from the collegiate ranks until the 2014-15 season at the earliest. His assistant coaches were also given one-year show-cause orders, in effect until August 23, 2012.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,209
  • Days Won:  422

I say let's wait till the dance concludes and see who shines.

We need fresh blood and someone who will come in and lift the stench of losing off our program.

A wee bit of an exaggeration ... just two years removed from best year in history of program, highly rated recruiting class (2 of which haven't seen the floor yet), a couple of all conference freshmen bigs and a signed SG that has been described as "probably the biggest prize for Heath at USF ever". There's been a couple of bad years but there's hardly a stench on the program right now.

Name one.

As you can see, Pearl is not USF material.