• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I would like to thank Coach Heath for his time here

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Are you serious?  Did I take the bait?  Thanks to CSH for his efforts as well, but CJL is hands down the most successful coach this athletic department as seen.  From zero to #2.  5 straight bowls.  6 straight with his recruits.  Didn't want to hijack the thread, but come on.  Stan had one good year in a down BE season.  Did we even have any NIT invites during his tenure?

1 NIT 1 NCAA Tourney (2 wins)

That 2012 USF Mens Basketball team was by far the most successful USF Team.

Maybe best Coach is debatable. I think both are close.

HAHAHA Our Softball, Womens Soccer, Mens Soccer are better coaches then Heath. He is lucky Harlan was not hear last year or he would be gone after recruiting. The guy can not coach end of story. He has proven this to be true year after year. He had one good run and that is it.

Exactly, and our "run" wasn't any huge miracle. We beat a average Cal team by 2, blew out a crappy Temple team (same team now in our crappy conference) and lost to the only team we were favored to beat... Ohio.

A crappy Temple team that was a 5 seed in the NCAAT. You sir are a moron.

LOL ... people who keep trying to downplay what we did accomplish that season are indeed college basketball illiterates.

I'm not downplaying it. It's not like the 2 teams we beat were 1 or 2 seeds. We were actually favored to beat Ohio and lost. Just calling it what it is. Sure it was nice to finally win a game or two but other programs do that every year. You make it seem like we always are supposed to ride on the short bus and this was our first ever field trip.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Are you serious? Did I take the bait? Thanks to CSH for his efforts as well, but CJL is hands down the most successful coach this athletic department as seen. From zero to #2. 5 straight bowls. 6 straight with his recruits. Didn't want to hijack the thread, but come on. Stan had one good year in a down BE season. Did we even have any NIT invites during his tenure?

HAHAHA Our Softball, Womens Soccer, Mens Soccer are better coaches then Heath. He is lucky Harlan was not hear last year or he would be gone after recruiting. The guy can not coach end of story. He has proven this to be true year after year. He had one good run and that is it.

Exactly, and our "run" wasn't any huge miracle. We beat a aerage Cal team by 2, blew out a crappy Temple team (same team now in our crappy conference) and lost to the only team we were favored to beat... Ohio.

Pretty sure we creamed Cal by close to 20 points. Temple was a good team that year. We were on our way to the Sweet 16 before that garbage technical on Poland.

Edited by South_Florida_Flip

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,612
  • Days Won:  51

Are you serious? Did I take the bait? Thanks to CSH for his efforts as well, but CJL is hands down the most successful coach this athletic department as seen. From zero to #2. 5 straight bowls. 6 straight with his recruits. Didn't want to hijack the thread, but come on. Stan had one good year in a down BE season. Did we even have any NIT invites during his tenure?

Exactly, and our "run" wasn't any huge miracle. We beat a aerage Cal team by 2, blew out a crappy Temple team (same team now in our crappy conference) and lost to the only team we were favored to beat... Ohio.

Pretty sure we creamed Cal by close to 20 points. Temple was a good team that year. We were on our way to the Sweet 16 before that garbage technical on Poland.

11 actually

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

Are you serious?  Did I take the bait?  Thanks to CSH for his efforts as well, but CJL is hands down the most successful coach this athletic department as seen.  From zero to #2.  5 straight bowls.  6 straight with his recruits.  Didn't want to hijack the thread, but come on.  Stan had one good year in a down BE season.  Did we even have any NIT invites during his tenure?

Exactly, and our "run" wasn't any huge miracle. We beat a average Cal team by 2, blew out a crappy Temple team (same team now in our crappy conference) and lost to the only team we were favored to beat... Ohio.

A crappy Temple team that was a 5 seed in the NCAAT. You sir are a moron.

LOL ... people who keep trying to downplay what we did accomplish that season are indeed college basketball illiterates.

I'm not downplaying it. It's not like the 2 teams we beat were 1 or 2 seeds. We were actually favored to beat Ohio and lost. Just calling it what it is. Sure it was nice to finally win a game or two but other programs do that every year. You make it seem like we always are supposed to ride on the short bus and this was our first ever field trip.

It was our first field trip in 20 years and the first one where we weren't riding on the short bus ...

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

It was our first field trip in 20 years and the first one where we weren't riding on the short bus ...

Great quote! :applause:

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

half of the AAC will be in the NCAAT this year.

The winner of our conference, Louisville, got the #4 seed. Villanova, who didn't win the Big East, got the #2 seed. I still think the AAC has its work cut out for it in making a claim for still being part of the Big Boy Basketball conferences. The work doesn't get any easier with Louisville defecting to the ACC after this season, and the AAC adding Tulane, ECU, and Tulsa to the mix.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,450
  • Days Won:  13

I will admit I was shocked to see the placement of the AAC teams. No respect. We need these teams to win some games. I still am in shock that SMU was snubbed. Thank god that was not us.